Hi Everyone!

I’m getting ready to start on my Fairfield house. I haven’t built a dollhouse in over 25 years and would love any suggestions on how to build the foundation and in setting up the walls and floors.

I’m super excited to begin and thank you, folks!

• Like 2

Welcome to the little family :D  May I suggest that you inve$t in a roll of blue painters' tape and dry fit your little (1:24 scale) house together first?  That way yoy and the house can begin a conversation as you sand or shave the tabs and slots for a more perfect fit and see how the house goes together and make decisions about room placement, decorating details, etc.  I built two of them, together, having somehow ended up with two kits, and I took each one of them apart and put back together at least three times each!

6 hours ago, GrannyJ said:

I’m getting ready to start on my Fairfield house. I haven’t built a dollhouse in over 25 years and would love any suggestions on how to build the foundation and in setting up the walls and floors.

I’m super excited to begin and thank you, folks!

Welcome! It’s a great place to be for good company and advice. Holly’s right on with the dry fit, I didn’t with my first house and it shows. Otherwise, just patiently follow the instructions (mostly!) and ask when you’re stuck. @havanaholly, wood glue, right? Tite bond with the RED cap? 

3 hours ago, MamaV said:

... @havanaholly, wood glue, right? Tite bond with the RED cap? 

It sticks wood to wood wonderfully!  One of the times I had to take mine apart and redo it was after I had glued the fireplace/ chimney part together before realizing I should have waited (and this was after TWO dry fits!).

For the foundation, I find it helpful to glue wooden blocks to the inside corners to stabilize the foundation pieces.

• Thanks 1