Wallpapering problem

tizme

I've read through posts on here about wallpapering but it's still going wrong.  I am using wallpaper from minimum world. It feels nice and thick. I've tried using border adhesive on the wall then positioning the paper but it's impossible to move the paper as soon as it touches it. I have tried white glue mixed with water it's the same.  I've mixed some extra thick paste and although I can sort of maneuver the paper slightly it just stretches bubbles and creases.  What am I doing wrong 

I haven’t wallpapered a dollhouse but I have done quite a few full size rooms some hints i learned

put a coat of wallpaper paste on the wall and let it dry then add your wet coat for the final papering

Dip the paper in water before using. Don’t soak it to where it falls apart but decently wet 

brush if from the center out to get out wrinkles and bubbles

test this on a black piece of wallboard first

• Like 1

Will try letting one coat dry first. A full room I can do easy. This is a pain. I've never had any paper that stretches like this. It must just be me. The blue one and striped one has dried ok ish lol but the red no.

I brush the paste on the back of the wallpaper and carefully lay the bottom edge along the floor, holding the piece by the upper edges and letting it "fall" into place over the wall as flat as I can.  I run my fingers lightly over the paper to feel for any bubbles/ bulges and flatten them as I go; sometimes I use my little border paper brayer to flatten.  After the paper has dried I cut around window and door openings.

• Like 1

I sometimes vary my technique to suit the position of the wall or the quality of the paper, but generally I make a template of the area to be covered so there won't be any trimming later and cut the paper to size. I apply the wallpaper paste to the wall in an even coat and then apply the paper much the same as Holly does, sort of rolling it on from the bottom up. Finger-smoothing usually gets out the bumps. I've also used the edge of a credit card.

By not applying paste to the paper itself, I find it much easier to control it, so it goes in the right place the first time. If it does go on a bit wonky, it is not hard to pull it off and try again.

• Thanks 1