1:48 scale newbie

Czarina

Hello, I purchased the Village Kit ( quarter scale kit) a couple of years ago, and have been very slowly working on turning my kit into a Christmas themed village. I chose this scale thinking that it would be simple and would not take up too much space in my home. I attended a miniaturist convention in Dallas last spring and participated in a handful of workshops for quarter scale and electrical wiring. I loved all of it, but to my chagrin I learned that the smaller scales can be extremely challenging. 
 I am staying the course but am here to learn more about how to efficiently build at this scale and how to source items and kits in this scale. 

• Like 2

I have seen some really lovely work done in 1:48.  I learned, after mini years of working in 1:12, that 1:24 can look good without much of the detail I used in 1:12.  As my good friend KaathieB says, it's (mostly) all smoke & mirrors.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you all for the welcome and the pointers. Can anyone suggest where to find figures for 1:48? I have seen the bulk of this size figures on model train sites, but the overall theme for these figures are either workers or train passengers. I do look on Etsy but my search results are usually a bouquet of random sized scales that are not what I need. I have had a lot of luck finding pets/animals so far .