Howdy!

MamaV

Hello everyone, I'm MamaV and I bought the Orchid when I was 15 or so. It suffered at my hands for a few years on and off, until I gave up for the time being and life moved on. Last year, a friend of mine had her baby boy and was bored. I, pregnant at the time, offered up the Orchid as a Mama-project to keep us both busy during the gross Ohio fall-winter-spring spread. That's blossomed into a decent turn-out, and it began me wanting to do another dollhouse "right the first time" rather than the janky edges and missing pieces I caused with the Orchid. I bought the Buttercup from Greenleaf shortly into the Orchid project, and I've been figuring out when to start it. However, I just picked up a Duracraft Heritage HR560 from a thrift store, and that's taken priority. It's missing pieces (not as many as I thought but more than I hoped), so I'm joining to get advice on fabrication, spare parts, and anything else I'm clueless about. 

Once my baby girl (we'll call her BM) was born I retired from teaching 10th grade English, and now I'm a stay-at-home mom with more time on my hands while my husband is at work. I also write stories (or try to), bake, cook, clean (oh the cleaning), sing and try to dance. I'm also an amateur radio operator now that my husband got me into the HAM hobby, so that's another way I kill time. 

Very grateful for this forum; thank you for reading! 

~MamaV and baby BM

• Like 3

Welcome,

I didn't find this hobby until after my kids were teenagers....I never want to go back into the work force now!

This seller on eBay sells some Dura-craft parts on eBay https://www.ebay.com/itm/192532956638?hash=item2cd3dbc5de:g:eAoAAOSwDDxa76QJ&amdata=enc%3AAQAIAAAA0Mxv2roXhMMs9qdHGxZpqSoltqL9jN8b%2Bil0MqxeMbU4TmJBLwhkNZ3%2BheWGkTLswzoYV2V27Ngik9%2F3Wr145aAHigNKkUK3YyM4PdSoRL2PzorHUAIe3Eqg%2FCC2M1uDyTLk1yZoi3XQOeJZrmq76sFqgtSjIUSXcVnVUUaPgpgzMy8zC5DN5g7SGYt2ejTay9WYZgUnflLwiOIujOwgwwntpzk9TdsJpjWBJXtJg%2B5RcMmZrsqz%2F5U%2FgCZKlPH991BnWcF74vuy3Uh5uaCDKvc%3D|tkp%3ABk9SR6LZ4dHbYg

Check him out, you might get lucky and you can always ask . The heritage is a great house.

@otterine made a beautiful Heritage.

Haha, that's where my Mom is at now, though she's still homeschooling my two youngest siblings...I think she'll miss them when they're gone but at the same time, their rooms will be good miniature real estate! Thank you for the Ebay link and the house link, I need inspiration! 

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome Mama V! I have young kids too and do minis at night after they’re in bed :) I recognize your name from the FB mini groups- nice to see you here too! This is a great place for advice and community so welcome! ❤️

Thank you! Yep, that's about the speed I'm at so long as the dishes don't super-desperately need to be done, haha! Am I in a FB mini group? I know I'm on Reddit and a Discord group, I must've forgotten about Facebook! Thank you for the welcome 🙂