Hello from Tennessee, excited to start my first build!

Hello all!

I'm Nocturnal and I just bought my first dollhouse kit ever, the Adams house! I want to turn it into an homage to my grandparents and great grandmothers I got to know (and one I didn't get to know)

I'm nervous, but mostly excited to build my first kit, I've wanted to put together one of these since I was a kid and saw the big, finished houses advertised in catalogues. They were WAY out of my parents budget and I knew they'd never want to put together even a cheaper kit, so I've had to wait till I was an adult, but now I can do what I want with it, I suppose 😊

I'll be looking through the rest of the forum for help, but you'll probably see me from time to time when I run into a snafu. Hope I won't be too bothersome 😅

Edited by Nocturnal
  • Like 1

Welcome to the little family, we're here to share the experience we've gotten from dealing with our own mistakes building kits, so you go right ahead and ask what you need to.

19 hours ago, havanaholly said:

Welcome to the little family, we're here to share the experience we've gotten from dealing with our own mistakes building kits, so you go right ahead and ask what you need to.

Thanks for making me feel welcome!

14 hours ago, LPCullen said:

Welcome to the forum! The Adams is an adorable house with so many possibilities! I look forward to seeing what you do with it!

Thank you! I'm excited to have a place to share my process and ideas!

13 hours ago, BlueRidgePaws said:

Hi, Nocturnal! I've been looking at the Adams, thinking of making it into an art studio for my sister, who is a watercolorist. I look forward to seeing what you do with yours, so be sure to keep us all in the loop!

Oh, that sounds delightful! I can almost picture canvases leaned against the wall and an easel in a corner, splattered in paint here and there.

• Like 3

Welcome.

I don't know where in TN you are located, but Nashville has a brick and mortar store. Rene' Dera is proprietress. She is a nice lady and has acquired some lovely miniatures.

It is definitely worth a trip.

On 5/11/2023 at 6:30 AM, J_Sea said:

Welcome! This is a fantastic place with so much great advice and lovely people. Im excited to see what you create!

Thank you! I'm excited to get started!

On 5/11/2023 at 6:17 PM, Medieval said:

I hope you enjoy this forum as much as I have! Lots of support, help with problem solving, a huge amount of cumulative experience, and awesome people. Looking forward to seeing your work.

I'm definitely going to need the help, I've never put together anything like this before. But, reading through some of the posts here and I've already learned a lot!

On 5/11/2023 at 9:29 PM, Mid-life madness said:

Welcome.

I don't know where in TN you are located, but Nashville has a brick and mortar store. Rene' Dera is proprietress. She is a nice lady and has acquired some lovely miniatures.

It is definitely worth a trip.

On 5/11/2023 at 10:29 PM, havanaholly said:

There used to be a brick & Morter mini store on the east side of Chattanooga, but I was there a very long time ago.

I'm in East Tennessee, around the Knoxville area. Nashville and Chattanooga are a bit too far for me, sadly. But if I'm ever there for something else, I'll keep it in mind to look for those shops