30 Inch by 40 inch stipple with 00 tip pen

pdlnpeabody

So, a few years ago I realized that the kids were breaking all of my 3-D projects, so I started another stipple - my first in almost 20 years.  It's of a locomotive.  I may have mentioned it in another thread, but it probably belongs in here.  It isn't finished by any means, but the bulk of the work is done on it. 

693406515_Train3.thumb.jpg.f7d603394a18768ce517633ad397ec08.jpgchat, but

• Like 3

Back in the day, as a student, I did stippled illustrations for the scientific papers written by the professors in the herpetology department in my university. I love to see the image emerge from the application of thousands of tiny dots. Your imagination and execution are flawless and the sheer size and complexity of your drawing leaves me breathless. 

• Like 2

The last time I did a stipple drawing was in my second year high school art class and by the time I put hands on a Rapidograph I was no longer taking art classes.  I did try pencil once for stippling; it wasn't nearly as pretty.  A full-blown locomotive is awesome!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/18/2021 at 12:23 AM, havanaholly said:

Nice!  Pencil or ink?

Kathie is right - it's ink.  It takes so much longer than other mediums, but I like that the results are almost instant as it progresses.

This is my third locomotive, but the first for this size.  The other two are only 10" by 15".  The other two 30" X 40" stipples were the downtown Tampa skyline i drew in college and a picture of a Honda Valkyrie motorcycle I drew in 1998, before I bought my first bike.  it's framed and sitting over our fireplace.