1/24 scale table with paints and a tiny dollhouse

astoppani

I could have sworn that a few weeks ago I found a 1/24 scale table with some paints and stuff on it and a tiny dollhouse to put inside a craft area in a 1/24 scale dollhouse, but I've checked everywhere and don't seem to be able to find it again.  Does this ring bells with anyone?  I thought I ordered it but find nothing in my order receipts, and I also can't seem to find it again through searching.  If anyone is familiar with this item, please let me know!  

Thanks

Andrea 

I did ask, and she got it from an estate sale kind of thing - a one of a kind.  And it's not quite the one I'm remembering, but I can't find that one again.  So yeah, now I'm setting about making one.  I have a 1:24 diy kit I can pilfer some stuff from, and I think I can make most of the rest....  Any ideas on how to make a 1/24 scale paint brush?!!

Round pointed toothpick, snippet of hair and smidge of foil; paint the toothpick, cut in half, glue half your snippet of hair to each cut end of toothpick, trace of glue to each half smidge of foil and wrap around the cut end of the toothpick, covering any hairs that might show.

Edited by havanaholly

I actually made 1:24 paint brushes for a swap last year and posted a tutorial on my blog: https://www.emilymorganti.com/blog/?p=15452

I used the casing of a coated paper clip for the handle. A toothpick would be too thick for half scale. The paper clip casing was even a bit too thick... I really wanted to use the casing off of telephone wires but I couldn't get the wires out of the inside, and needed to remove the wires to be able to poke the bristles down into the handle.

swap28.jpg

Check out Stewart Dollhouse Creations.  I bought and put together the 1:24 Craft Bench Kit, the 1:24 Craft Bench Accessories Kit and the !24 Tools Accessories Kit.  Went together very easily.  I tried to post a link, but may not work:  Stewart Dollhouse Creations.  You can do a google search if link does not take you there.  The kits are under club kits on her home page.

I have not been on this forum for quite awhile and can't figure out how to get the link to work nor how to post a picture of what I put together.  But it might be what you are looking for or may not be.   

• Like 1

Christine, your link worked fine for me.  

14 hours ago, fov said:

...A toothpick would be too thick for half scale...

I don't work in 1:24 near enough' I still think in 1:12!  I wonder if hobby shops might carry styrene tubing small enough?

Thank you so much you guys!  Yes, it was a Jane Harrop kit that I had seen!  And I'd actually ordered it, so I have it now and am building it.  So tiny and cute!  The detail is amazing!  It even has a tiny mitre box!  I think when I searched my email for the order, I didn't find it because it is in fact the dollhouse crafters kit, and I was thinking it was a painter's table.  

So excited!  My Fairfield is nearly done - just need to get the courage to glue the roof and railings on and then finish up the outside architectural details! 

Thanks for all your help and suggestions! 

Andrea   

• Like 1

Ooh, post pictures when you're done! I've had my eye on both the crafter's table and the painter's table kits for a long time, but never took the plunge because of the price. I did order a bunch of other kits from Jane recently and was very happy with them. Now I'm wishing I'd gotten the painter's table too. I need something messy for an artist's studio in one of my houses. I know I could probably do it from scratch but I just haven't felt like it.

swap29.jpg

Here are the Jane Harrop kits I built recently: https://www.emilymorganti.com/blog/?p=17274

• Like 1

I used her book of '30s and '40s furniture to make the dining table and chairs:

56d51c1440c68-parlor1.JPGyy

in the farmhouse; I have to move it outside the house to set it up (the family dines al fresco when I do that) because there's no room in the Washington 2.0.  Her designs are really easy to make up.

Edited by havanaholly
  • Like 1

I love your painting scene!  That is great!  And the sled is super cute!  And the table and chairs.  I built her spinning wheel one yesterday and am working on the crafter's table while I stare at the roof, summoning courage.  It fits pretty well, but I'm wrestling a bit with where the short roof meets the long one.  The section over the bathroom doesn't want to settle in perfectly, but it's pretty close.  I'm giving my brain some time to think before trying to encourage it further into place.  Here's the spinning wheel.  Just need to tighten the twine a bit....   

65463443817__E0728A93-5EA7-4D01-8669-0294F7428495.png