My Jefferson Has Lights!!

wenlaine

Hi Everyone, I tried to upload some pictures of my first attempt at lighting on this forum but I kept getting an error message. So please, take a look in webshots at the newest pictures of my Jefferson. I've got lots more lights yet to install. But I'm so excited, can you tell??

Thanks,

Wendy

all I can say is WOOOOOOOWWW!

its been awhile since I have visited your Jefferson. Fantastic!

everything looks ready for moving in day!

wow I want to live there.

cant wait to see it all filled in and being lived in.

great job!

nutti :p

oh forgot to mention the lighting! you did good!

I havent tried it and I want to so bad. now all your projects can be lit up!

congratulationsz

Thanks everyone for the kind words.

Nutti, You should really give it a try, it really isn't all that difficult once you get going although I know exactly how you feel. It took me 4 houses before I could get up the nerve to try it. Having said that, I probably will never wire another one. It just seems to be so much work to only have them on periodically.

IrishMist, yes I did make all the blinds. Normally I don't think I would have chosen to put them on all the windows but for some reason these windows needed something. It reminded me so much of when I was a kid, we always had to have blinds on all the windows. Mind you, this was before venetians became popular. I haven't decided yet what types of curtains or drapes to make but I'll probably decide once I see some furniture in it.

Thanks again,

Wendy

Wendy, your house is so pretty and darling! :p I love all the wallpaper and flooring and your spiral staircase is awesome. What a treat to see your pictures. Thanks!

Thanks nutti, they were so simple, I'm almost embarassed to say. All I did was purchase a few yards of cotton lace from ebay, cut them to fit in the windows with a 1/4" seam on the sides (glued because I don't sew), trimmed off the top and wound the top around a bamboo skewer cut to fit into the window and glued them in place.

Wendy

I agree with Nutti. Those blinds really look great. As do the lights.

My first encounter with lights was when a friend lent me a light for my fish tank. I couldn't believe how much better it looked. Then I mounted lights on a remote control toy jeep and drove it around in the dark on an Island with dozens of kids excitedly following it around giggling. Then while on a trip around the South Island we put a set of miniature lights on a miniature bonsai plant for Xmas and dozens of kids used to sit at the back of the station wagon just looking at it in wonder.

When the dollhouse topic came up there was no question regarding lights and they really do add a whole new dimension to the house. More than any other single item I think.

Lots of cool factor too when people are straining to see in the window and you just flick on the appropriate lights.

Look forward to seeing the rest of your lights.

Seriously love the blinds, flooring, wall paper detail and the rest of the house though.

Cheers

Glen

Thank you for the encouragement, Glen. Looking at your daughter's home, all those lights are so beautiful. You're absolutely right, they do add that extra charm to a dollhouse. I will continue to put in more fixtures as I'm determined to see this house with all the rooms lit up.

Thanks again,

Wendy

I think the lights look great! I couldn't do a dollhouse without lights for myself. They just add so much to it. I was going to electrify the RGT Victorian Cottage Jr. I'm working on (another baby gift), but MDF is a real pain to electrify in my opinion. So in lieu of lighting, I just used really light colors on the inside

Sorry Wendy, don't mean to hijack your thread but had to share this. Put a remote control on her quad and at 9 months it looked like she was driving around under full control of her bike. Boy did that turn some heads. Specially when she went hands off or put her feet on the handle bars.

Glen (I'll get out now)

3.jpg

Still can't get attachments to work either Wendy. Must be something up with the server.

Oh man! Where were you when I was floating around in the universe looking for parents! :huh: The best my dad ever did was to build a shed in the back yard which he let us "camp" in overnight! How times have changed! :p