Beacon Hill staircase question

SeaLady

This site has been a wonderful resource as I begin my first build. Now I am having trouble matching all the treads and risers properly- a lot of them seem too narrow. I’ve attached a pic of sheet 12 before I cut out the pieces. As you can see the cut lines appear “off”.  Do you think this was a factory error and I should cut my own treads, or are they supposed to be like this?      Thanks for helping a newbie!2A8910BD-FF87-4602-96FC-65FC09499894.jpeg.18fa589bbaf762a1a5580a43837756be.jpeg

I am also working on the Beacon Hill and just finished the sub-assemblies of the staircases, and the risers are narrower than the treads, but not that much narrower.  Those definitely look off to me, I agree that you should ask for a new sheet. 

My next step is to fit the staircases into the house, which I understand is going to be a challenge! So far I am really enjoying this house.

1 hour ago, Goshengirl said:

My next step is to fit the staircases into the house,

You may want to decorate the wall behind the staircase before inserting it. 

2 hours ago, KathieB said:

You may want to decorate the wall behind the staircase before inserting it. 

Oh yes, thanks to reading through this forum and a few blogs I did realize I needed to do that and have been wallpapering that area.  Here is a picture of it in progress with the front wall propped up.

Beacon Hill wallpaper.jpeg

31 minutes ago, Goshengirl said:

Oh yes, thanks to reading through this forum and a few blogs I did realize I needed to do that and have been wallpapering that area.  Here is a picture of it in progress with the front wall propped up.

What elegant wallpaper! :)   I think I'd tape a piece of waxed paper or thin plastic (grocery bag) over it, something that can be slid out when the stairs are in, just in case the tricky stair insertion results in a gouge or two.

• Like 1