Farmouse 505

peggyquade

I started putting together the Farmhouse 505 today; all the small siding pieces are there except one...one little tiny 1 7/8" piece but it would have to be a very key piece. It's smack in the front of the house. I made a replacement out of scrap wood but I'm pretty sure you're still going to be able to tell it's not the same as the rest...I was hoping that this particular wall you build with this piece might be a side of the house or the edge of a window that would be under the front porch roof...no such luck. If you look at a picture of the Farmhouse, there's a front wall with 4 windows on it. This small piece is part of the area on each side and inbetween the windows. So now I just have to decide where best to put this replacement piece so that's not so glaring...any suggestions? :thumb:

Peggy, I'm trying to visualize what you're referring to. If you take that replacement piece & the other pieces like it and give them all the same treatment (build up with woodputty/ spackle, paint alike, whatever) I'll bet a year from now you'd have a problem telling which was the replacement piece.

I thought my replacement piece would stick out like a sore thumb but I just turned the wall over (I decided to put my replacement piece inbetween the two lower windows, hoping a lot of the window trim would cover it up) and guess what? You're right! You can hardly tell! With a good paint job, you probably won't even be able to tell.