Making books for bookcase filling

Starfire

My current project has lots and lots of bookcases and I will need to fill them with books in 1:24 ratio. Obviously not all will be individual books but can be bunchs or bundles of fake ones. Are there any tutorials I can be directed to as to how to do this? I have not found any of the kits in the 1:24 size. Help!! :woohoo:

Check Jim's site, www.printmini.com . If he doesn't have the booksets in 1:24 you can rightclick on them and paste them into your paint program and resize them (reduce 50%) and print them off. You can use wood scraps, foamcore, styrofoam, whatever you can cut square and glue the paper onto.

The filler books I used in my sportsbar/den roombox were 1:12, but they would be super easy to do in 1:24. They were simply blocks of wood, scored to imitate spines, and painted to look like books. I'm sure card or foamcore would work as well. In viewing, they are not obviously fake.

These are for Elrond's Library right? Are you ready to share any pics yet? :woohoo:

You could take any printies for 1:12 scale and print them out at 50% so they're half the size. Jim's printmini site is a good place to start.

There's also a mini books group on Yahoo that you could check out. Maybe someone there could help you find more resources. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/minibookprintables/

Oh, and there's also a halfscale group that might be helpful too http://groups.yahoo.com/group/halfscale/?yguid=164683960