Lily Update

Peggi

I've posted updated pictures of my Lily. It has been painted, a foundation added, the doors installed, the porch roof and porch and porch lights. I might actually finish this thing before Christmas :)

I've added roof construction photos to my webshot album. I know at least one person was asking for help on the porch roof so I hope these help. It was a little tricky in place but not so bad. (As long as the future homeowners don't try and walk on it LOL) It should hold up.

Your feed back would be greatly appreciated.

Peggi

Peggi, it looks wonderful! I also like the doors . . . very elegant! The marble flooring is excellent. What did you spray the porch roof with . . . is that the texture paint? What a great idea! I love the wrap-a-round porch too!

ooooooo you makin me want to do this house!!

it had been my intention to build the Lily this summer but I got sidetraked.

you are doing a wonderful job!!

now dont wait till christmas to decorate..Halloween is comming right up. :lol:

I cant wait to see the inside.

nutti :)

Thank you all for your kind replies and continuing advice and encouragement. I'm beginning to be a little proud of it, but still a little anxious about the upcoming curved roof.

What did you spray the porch roof with . . . is that the texture paint?

I used plasti-kote Fleck Stone, a spray stone finish, that I picked up at Michaels, but since then I then I've seen it at Home Depot but can't swear to it.

They have it in a variety of colors, I used Fiesta. I was easy goes on just like a spray paint.

I have to thank my hubby for hanging the doors, I could not for the life of me figure out the hinges, some construction details I really am totally lost.

Peggi

ok I just now got to look at your webshots...dont know how Ive missed it.

now plzz tell me about the blue house sitting to the side of one of the Lily photos

are you holding out on us? hmmmmmmm? :unsure:

now I really can tell you the house looks wonderful inside and out!

well ya know that dont call me nutti for nuttin! :)

nutti :lol:

Peggi - just looked at your webshots.... you're doing a great job on that house and the pictures are super. I too particularly liked the door, and loved the pictures with the lights on.... lights just make a dollshouse magical.

Thank you all again for your comments. I can't believe how the color scheme changed the looks of this house so much from the one on the box.

Nutti: I'm not really holding out. The blue house is the Cambridge. On the old forum I think I mentioned that my nephew gave this to me to use and have as long as I wanted but that I couldn't have it to pass down to my kids. This house was the first that I wired, it had been wired previously but half didn't work. I've stripped all the wall paper out and reprimed it, will eventually repaper it. I was lucky also that he gave me furniture for it, but right now it is used for storage of building materials for the Lily :)

I have no idea how old this house is, because it was given to my nephew by someone he worked with who had built it for his daughter who is now grown, it stayed in storage for years at my SIL house which is why he gave it to me. The mice was starting to make their home and would have eventually destroyed it.

It is the start of the addiction I've gotten myself into though :lol:

When I clear out the building materials I will post pictures.

Peggi

Peggi: kudos for your Lily (I love that house, but I still have to finish the other 5 I have bought til now).

The color scheme is excellent & let me say that again: the doors are fantastic! The porch looks like a real pain to assemble though.

However, I am eager to know what you're using as siding; it looks like medium-thick cardboard but am not sure... can you reveal your secret to us? :)

There is no secret to the siding, its the ones that came with the kit. Little, thin sheets of wood. I forgot what it is called, but someone here will be able to recall the name of it.

Peggi