Dura Craft Heritage Arrived

Beulah

The Heritage is such a cool house, but looks like it would be a bear to build. It's on my list of houses I hope to find finished, so I can just rehab it. Although, rehabbing has it's challenges, too. I have a growing stash of kits, and now FIVE houses in various stages of doneness. Why am I working on the new house??!! 

• Like 1

I can attest that the Heritage is a bear to build.  :rofl:I threw out my carpenters square and built it rickety.  I would never recommend it as a first house, and I am so glad I had a few under my belt before I attempted it.  That said, I love Dura-Craft houses.  You just have to know you're not going to have an easy time of it.

• Like 2

I did start the project by using the carpenters square, but it still ended up off later on down the line. :dunno:   But, it all worked out in the end after alterations as well as smoke and mirrors.

As soon as mine went wonky I figured what the heck & watched the video, which was absolutely no help until it got to the part where he said to get a good, sharp utility knife to "trim" as needed to get things to fit.