Anyone versed in Batrie Dollhouses?

Ashlie

So today a customer brought in a vintage Batrie dollhouse with a bunch of Batrie windows and doors. I've identified the house as a Bostonian, but have been unable to find information about the windows and doors. Can anyone tell me a bit more about this, like its possible age and value?

Batrie made their own windows and doors, and I think that design was kept when the houses were sold off after Batrie went out of business. Now someone check me on this: for some weird reason I always thought Batrie went to Walmer and when Walmer went to Real Good Toys after they went out of business, the Batrie houses went right along with them. I do know that several people have had Batrie houses that were custom made - that is, instead of having peaked dormer windows on the Newport, for example, they got their dormer windows all with that curved arch that's over the New Orleans dormer windows.

1 hour ago, Sable said:

How are you liking the job? What a thrill to be around those dollhouses.

loving it, thank you! We have had some real gems in here!

55 minutes ago, queenannediva said:

You might want to get in touch with Real Good Toys since they purchased the Batrie line years ago.

possibly... I'm more looking for information as to when Batrie went out of business and what the current value of their vintage houses are, i'm not sure that RGT would be privy to that kind of info?

53 minutes ago, rodentraiser said:

Batrie made their own windows and doors, and I think that design was kept when the houses were sold off after Batrie went out of business. Now someone check me on this: for some weird reason I always thought Batrie went to Walmer and when Walmer went to Real Good Toys after they went out of business, the Batrie houses went right along with them. I do know that several people have had Batrie houses that were custom made - that is, instead of having peaked dormer windows on the Newport, for example, they got their dormer windows all with that curved arch that's over the New Orleans dormer windows.

I really have to wonder- the windows that came along with the house are very ornate and curvy (most in their original packaging), while the picture on the RGT website of the house in its current incarnation has very very plain windows. We are going to go through and inventory the accessories that the customer had with it to see if we have all of the windows already. if there are some missing we'll have to do all new windows, and in that case, I'd want to let the customer know if he has something pretty valuable in the originals. A google search came up empty as far as the windows and doors, even on Ebay, there wasn't anything (although my search might have been contaminated due to google thinking i was trying to spell "battery"). 

I hope we can use those windows, they are really stunning and unique. 

I have three Batrie dollhouses in my collection in kit form. The Victorian Townhouse, the Cape Cod, and another that was a precursor I believe to the New Orleans dollhouse. None of mine have the curvy windows, but if I'm remembering correctly if you go the More Minis blog -- thinking she made one with the curvy windows like you're describing. I'm guessing they were an upgrade at the time. Similar to some of my Walmer kits where you could get the basic kit, or get the upgrades...

• 7 years later...