help with the sugarplum

Peachie

Well, I'm still new at this but I would untape the house, glue it, and tape it right back up like you had it. I believe people only tape it together when dry-fitting - checking to see that everything fits as it should. I've only used the woodfiller for gaps where things don't line up just right. I'm sure somebody with more experience will be along shortly to help you!

hi, I have my wallpaper on and the bottom part of my house together....I have the walls taped to hold in place....do I now use the wood filler and then glue the wall.....

Ellen, I've used the wood filler 2 ways:

1) to smooth surfaces where bits of wood may have chipped out during the process of removing the piece from the sheet. In that case, it's usually done before the wallpaper or primer or stain is put on, maybe before the dry fit operation. After it's dry, it needs to be sanded lightly to blend it with the rest of the surface.

2) to fill in the little gaps that occur where walls/slots/tabs don't quite come together in the corners, at the roof line, at the floor line, etc.

If you have the walls taped together and all fits well, go ahead and glue. Then replace the tape to hold it firmly until the glue dries, preferably overnight.

If you have the walls taped together and all fits well, go ahead and glue. Then replace the tape to hold it firmly until the glue dries, preferably overnight.

I also use a heavy-duty stapler to reinforce the edges and still use tape until the glue cures, usually about 24 hours or so. Either wood fill or spackling compound/ polyfilla (sands more easily for me) to fill any gaps.

I also use a heavy-duty stapler to reinforce the edges and still use tape until the glue cures, usually about 24 hours or so. Either wood fill or spackling compound/ polyfilla (sands more easily for me) to fill any gaps.

Thanks.....did like you said and everything turned out ok......I have to get my flooring to put down before I can do anymore to it.....I'm trying to decide what I want to put in tile or carpet.....I think I'm hooked....I've enjoyed working on the house......my niece is working on it with me and she is 7......

I'm trying to decide what I want to put in tile or carpet
You can put in tile and carpet over it later, if you'd rather.

I think I'm hooked

Well, of course you are! Buiding dh kits is better than Lay's potato chips because they don't have all the grease & salt!

my niece is working on it with me and she is 7

This has two benefits: you're training a future miniaturist, and when she comes to visit and wants to play with the house she will be able to do so with the full appreciation a careful child can show for an adult's toys.

Ths has two benefits: you're training a future miniaturist, and when she comes to visit and wants to play with the house she will be able to do so with the full appreciation a careful child can show for an adult's toys.

Also, you'll be even closer for the shared experience! :D