Identify this dollhouse? Scratch build or kit?

BriJohn

Wow, look at this gorgeous dollhouse. I followed the link from pinterest but it's not there anymore. It says Dollhousesbyliz.com. The turret balcony looks like one from Rocky Mountain Woodcrafts. The turret part looks like the one from House on the Hill and part of the body reminds me of The Georgetown. Or do you think this is a scratch build? It's so pretty. When I googled Dollhouses by Liz I found this blog and her name is Liz LeBosse. Her work is incredible so I could see this dollhouse being one she worked on.

dollhouse.jpg

• Like 2

Actually the house is pink - Liz named it "The Pink Dollhouse".  When I last spoke with Liz she said she was going to put the pics back up on her website.  Keep checking as she did an amazing job with the interior also.  The Joseph Angel was sold as an assembled shell only mostly during the 1980s.  It was available in 1" and 1/2" scale, Liz's is 1" scale. The shells show up on ebay and craigslist every so often usually selling for between $400-$600.  I got a great deal on one last year off of Craigslist for $100  it was signed, dated and numbered.  Good thing it was a great bargain because the Lawbre windows cost me nine times what the house did.  There are many posts about this house on this forum and if you do a google search several others will show up but my personal opnion is that none compare to Liz's house.

• Like 1

Thank you all so much! I am amazed at how knowledgeable you all are! I was hoping someone would recognize the creator's name and chime in! Thank you, Valerie! I agree, I have looked around, and Liz's really stands out. She just did an incredible job. I will definitely be searching for one of these! You are so lucky to have gotten one for only 100! Off to search on these forums to and see what others have said about it. You all are so smart!

It's so pleasing to look at just as it is though as I'm sure you agree! It's kind of fun to have all the possibilities laid out before you. Such a great design - so different from what you usually see. I don't know if the prototype or the instructions said to put the fireplace chimney where Liz put it, but I just love it on the front. You don't normally see that, you know. So why did you choose the Lawbre windows? Was it a special size or you thought they were pretty (as I know they are!). I have a thing about mini windows.

Edited by BriJohn
asking additional question

For me it is the detail of the Lawbre windows.  I had been thinking about using them in my RGT Queen Anne when I came across two Lawbre windows for sale at a miniature show last year.  I purchased one to try it out in my QA and for days could not stop looking at it just thought it was so beautiful (they are even more so in person) with the Victorian detail.  They do not open but they do come with real glass and lovely interior trim.  When I brought the JA home I knew immediately that it was the house that needed the, it was screaming, Lawbre windows.  So the decision was made the Queen Anne would get the kit windows and the JA the Lawbre.  I have heard that the shells when purchased originally came with instructions for building the chimneys.

• Like 1

I forgot I had ordered a Lawbre catalog last year. I went and fished it out. How did I forget I had that? Window are lovely. I'm nuts about their front doors too - really like #310. I noticed they had those odd shaped windows on the Joseph Angel that you see on each side of the chimney. I've thought for a long time their Rosedawn Plantation was the ultimate dollhouse in my mind but this Joseph Angel may have knocked it into second place!