Tennyson a la French country house?

amyole

So lately I have been thinking about making a house that would be French country in style. I have a Tennyson kit in my stash and was thinking, with some modifications, it might work. Not sure about the porch, though (maybe just change the railings?). I appreciate any thoughts/suggestions you have.

• Like 1

I would be tempted to leave off the porch entirely and finish the outside similar to how Robin Carey did with he La Maisonette.

I would not use the gingerbread trim on the gables. Sounds like a fun project!

Enlarge the "porch" area and make it into a plaza/patio with a smaller portico. Landscape it as overlooking a well manicured garden. Lots of flowers and urns ~ maybe wrought iron grilllwork at the windows.

I think the Tennyson looks great without a porch roof (I think that's what you mean). I've fooled around with it (and the house, LOL) a number of different ways. You can see different versions of the porch (or not porch) in my #2 Tennyson Place gallery here http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/index.php?app=gallery&album=7033and I cut the side porch completely off in #1 Tennyson Place. These are both half scale. I left the house pretty much as is in the Big T (1:12 scale) but left off a lot of the gingerbread.

I decided to leave the porch roof off #2 and will be adding a railing around the porch base.

Good luck with this. I look forward to seeing what you decide to do with it :)