Has anyone used e-zee tile?

denkyem

Does anyone here have experience using this product? http://miniaturedesigns.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=12_281&sort=20a&page=1

I'm particularly interested in the "faux-marble" tiles.  I'm not convinced they look that much like marble, but I've been wanting a really gleaming blue/green/aqua glass tile effect for my tub/shower surround, and so far this looks closest to it.    Most of the colours come in 3/8 inch, which seems about like the right scale for bathroom walls to me.  I thought I might buy 2-3 colours in the blue/green/aqua shades and mix them up.  There are threads of glittery gold running through them, which would totally work for what I have in mind.  And apparently they're 1/16 inch and made of acrylic, so wouldn't add a lot of thickness or weight to my walls, and supposedly aren't too hard to cut.

That said, these things aren't cheap, and I'd really prefer to see a photo of them actually in use somewhere, and understand better how they are placed/spaced/grouted (or not) before making a purchase.  I've scoured the internet but can't seem to find much in the way of pictures of them in use, and I haven't been able to find any reference to them on this forum.

Thanks!

Emily

Seems I've seen these on display there, but it's been so long I can't remember a lot of details. If it's what I'm thinking of, it was pretty.

But, everyone there at Miniature Designs is amazingly awesome and helpful, so you can send them an email or give them a call, and they will answer all your questions.

Sable, those are both just gorgeous results. I love how serene and spa-like the pool house feels!  I'm actually not sure our home depot here in Canada has that product -- at least, I don't find it on the website, and the mini tiles that are available seem pretty thick (like a quarter of an inch minimum?).

How did you paint those mini mosaic tiles? What a gorgeous colour.

I used different colored blue craft paints. I think one was blue metallic. The HD tiles were a special sale they were having in the front of the store. They stopped me in my tracks when I saw them. Correct, the normal little tiles are too thick for your purpose.