Beacon Hill First Build

Mimajo

Okay, got my foundation together pretty easily. First walls, the second floor, Hmmm, this might not be as hard as I thought.

HAA!!!!! It sucked me in! The 3rd floor was near impossible! I cracked a sectionof the third floor near the staircase opening, glued it, clamped it and it lookslike it's holding. Once it all dries I will have my first experience with wood filler (yay).

It looked totally cockeyed to me but the level says differently. When it all dries, I will seal it.

Now on to the stairs!

• Like 1

Hello & welcome to the forum...

Jo you're on your way - slight bump in the road but you fixed it & carried on!

Remember - wood filler & spackle are a mini girl's best friend. :)

Can't wait to see photos. :thumb:

Hi Jo, I,too, am building the BH. You're right about that third floor. I did get it in without too much of a problem. Got stuck on one of the tabs and I had to shave a little off it to fit it into the slot. Whitewashed all my walls and almost finished the first staircase. I found that a little confusing at first because my schematic is different from the wood sheets??? The location of the risers & threads don't match up. I just put the smaller one as the riser. Hope it's right.

I'd love to hear about your progress with this house. I didn't realize that walls had to be finished before certain items are put into the house, ie. stairs. I also bought the Cir-Kit deluxe tape lighting kit. Started reading the directions and that too has to be applied before wallpaper. So getting this house built will be a long time coming...

Hi Jo, I,too, am building the BH. You're right about that third floor. I did get it in without too much of a problem. Got stuck on one of the tabs and I had to shave a little off it to fit it into the slot. Whitewashed all my walls and almost finished the first staircase. I found that a little confusing at first because my schematic is different from the wood sheets??? The location of the risers & threads don't match up. I just put the smaller one as the riser. Hope it's right.I'd love to hear about your progress with this house. I didn't realize that walls had to be finished before certain items are put into the house, ie. stairs. I also bought the Cir-Kit deluxe tape lighting kit. Started reading the directions and that too has to be applied before wallpaper. So getting this house built will be a long time coming...

Nice to know there is someone at the same stage of building! Just ordered the wiring kit and will star on the stairs tomorrow. We care for our 3 yr. granddaughter on Monday, Wednesday and Friday, can't work on it then cause she wants to help (yike!). I plan on having her help paint some pieces, she is actually very good at it. It does look like the wiring takes some good planning. Have tofigure where furniture will go when I don't have it yet. Sure is a challenge!

• Like 1

I know Jo. The lighting does seem like it is going to take some planning! I almost finish reading the direction booklet that came with the kit. My husband said he will help me. That might be the blind leading the blind if you know what I mean! I'm a retired teacher. Spending time with this project is consuming, but I do have the time!

It's like eating just one potato chip, you can't stop. I am putting the staircase together now, ugh. Finally figured out the way the first pieces go together, still stumped on the risers and treads though. I have the right number of risers/treads, but 10 of them are larger than the others, are they meant to go somewhere else? Just going to keep fitting and figuring, but it seems if they want the tread to overhand, there will be a gap. Wood filler to the rescue!

My hubby is helping me with the wiring too, but he has experience, he has finished off a basement and an attic. Of course that doesn't mean he can't still blow up my dollhouse......

I have taken pictures, but have to figure out how to upload, start a gallery, whatever.

Hello. I am also working on the Beacon Hill. What a joy! (sarcasm, LOL) I ran into the same problem others have with the 3rd floor. I have the stairs in and am now working on the interior walls. The stairs seem to be the hardest part, getting everything to fit properly so the railings go in right. You seem to have a great start though. This kit needs a lot of planning ahead.

There shouldn't be a gap on the stairs even if the treads overhang, mine didn't. Make sure you have the right parts.

• 1 month later...