Time period for the Westville

Just One More

I'm working on the Westville now, my third, and don't know what time period it could be. I just got a really nice miniature Colonial mother and three children dolls. They are all dressed in Colonial clothes, not fancy but the girl and mother have the plain white bonnets, no ties. They are almost Amish looking outfits. Would they look OK in the Westville? I have two Jeffersons and a Willow but they are such big houses for this little family. I'm getting ready to wallpaper the Westville now. Any ideas? :bear:

The Westvill isn't really a Colonial house, it's based on a Craftsman bungalow, so very late 19th/ early 20th Century. The Willow would work, or you could bash a Madison. I found a pair of small dolls dressed as Amish that I will have to figure a house for, since my Washington 2.0 wants to be a pre-WWII farmhouse with period appliances and furnishings.

• 3 months later...

The Westville is of a Carpenter Gothic style, which dates to the mid to late 19th century, primarily in America, rather than that of the Craftsman Bungalow. Check out the Wikipedia definition and examples: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carpenter_Gothic

There are many Carpenter Gothic structures in Massachusetts where I lived for many years. I built my Westville to reflect the 1860s to 1870s period because I did not want a heavily Victorian decor. I also constructed a bit of a "back story" for the house: a retired judge and his grown daughter live there.

Hope you are enjoying!