Wizards and Witches

Jodie

American Miniaturists last issue (Oct) has instructions for sculpting a hags face - I believe they meant her to be a witch (though in my opinion most Witches are very pretty) And Some of their other back issues have instructions for Wizard's clothes etc.

-David

(though in my opinion most Witches are very pretty) -David

So, David, 'fess up, known a lot of witches, have you? :blink:

Seriously, I agree with you! My witch is really just an old lady, with a very sweet face, and a penchant for dressing in black and dabbling in spells. I think folks with enough talent to sculpt can really put a lot of personality into the face and the witch certainly doesn't need to be ugly and the article you reference would be a great starting point. B)

So, David, 'fess up, known a lot of witches, have you? :blink:

You'd be surprised heheh ;)

On a mini note though I always thought it would be cool to have a Samantha And Darren in mini - I actually tried sculpting Elizabeth Montgomery in mini... but I just am not good at sculpting lovely faces - and she was SO pretty!! Male features are easier - at least for me. B)

That is one of the things I love about AM though - they haven't been afraid to occasionally step away from the standard Victorian stuff and go for some of the fantasy - medieval/wizardy/witchy goodies :p And thanks to folks like Rik Pierce those types of buildings are more comon now too :D

It's kinda funny, a couple months ago I approached our local shop about putting some of my stuff on consignment there and she thought it was a waste of time "how many people would want a crystal ball in their dollhouse ?- how many do you know who have them in their real houses?".. I almost laughed.. the answer is of course more people than she would ever guess heheheh - well the other day a gal stopped in looking for crystal balls and wizard stuff :D There wasn't any there to show her but the owner told the lady about me and for her to be sure to come to our local show cause there would definitely be wizardy stuff there :D Score one for the wizard and Witch folks out there! :D Booya! B)

-David :D

what I like about the magical or haunting miniatures is that there is no set era or decorating time period

anything fits..it just needs to be old, dusty or dirty looking and an air of fantasy about it.

David dollhouse shop missed out on not having any of your kewl stuff in there for the customer

she will be getting more of that type customer in the future.

nutti :blink:

Ha! So take that, dollhouse shop lady! :blink: Obviously that woman never met any of us B) Years ago, when I did my first haunted dollhouse, that was the problem I ran into -- I ended up making everything for it including the crystal ball. Woulda bought one of David's in a heartbeat.

The best thing about haunts and fantasy is that it ISN"T VICTORIAN!!!!! Or maybe it is -- those folks were a bit spooky back then B)

Another thing I'd like to see (or maybe do?) is a seance scene with a Houdini apparation hovering over the table -- what hoot that would be. I'd never thought about Samantha -- she was great! Loved that nose. Never seen that done either.

Ha! So take that, dollhouse shop lady! :blink: Obviously that woman never met any of us :D

LOL - She's really a sweet lady and giving me lots of encouragement about joining in with the club and also at the show and I thought it was awesome of her to tell the customer about me and my stuff B) She doesn't have internet and I know she's just not used to seeing the kind of stuff I do. She just wasn't sure what to make of my Medieval Chappel. I'm sure she was probably wondering why anyone would do that to a dollhouse heheh - and she doesn't really "do" Halloween but she was so adorable today when I saw her - she had gotten some of those 6" skeletons and made a sort of viginette with pumpkins, mini bales of straw and Skelle's in lawn chairs heheheh :lol2: It was really cute B) In fact.. I probably should get some lawn chairs for my skelles :lol2:

A seance room would be awesome to make - especially for Houdini - what a great idea! I hope you make one that would be way cool :p

-David

I think we should all make something for Halloween

I have a little scene in mind for my mom.

lets work on them and post them on Halloween night in a Happy Halloween topic.

doesnt have to be a scene made from scratch...show us how you decorate your dollhouse for the season

make an item for your haunted house...it doesnt matter what.

not a contest but a sharing of Holiday spirit!

hey David...my witch is on display at the Library with my Haunted stuff. :blink:

nutti :woot:

Hey Nutti - cool idea! B)

If I get my Haunted Arthur done I can make a display of all the cool halloween items I've gotten in swaps here :blink: That would be fun! And since I still haven't gotten around to getting the big Halloween Decorations (That I always say I'm going to build "next year") may be I can get some mini decorating done hehehe

Glad the witch is getting around B) I've got her sister riding a pumpkin orange motorcycle :p

-David

Great idea Nutti! Gives me some incentive to do the gourd and decorate it with all the cool Halloween swap stuff :cucumber: Plus we just gotta see the skeleton lady on the orange hog -- gives a whole new meaning to "hells angels" : :holloween: