Orchid Dollhouse build begun

Im actually thinking of trying to figure out a way to build a spiral staircase in mine to save space

I used the stairs in another house as they took up so much space in the Orchid.

And there's lots of creative ways to install the stairs,besides the original plans,unless you decide to leave them out.

On my Orchid (that isn't completed yet), I moved the stair opening to go horizontally on the back edge so it wasn't in the middle of any room downstairs and it comes up in the middle of the upstairs so that both rooms could access it equally. You can see a bit of it here on the right side of the picture. This Orchid is part of my big Garfield bash that includes 2 Primroses, 1 Orchid, the Garfield, the Viking motorcycle garage (my 2008 Spring Fling), and the swing set I created for an HBS contest.

• Like 1

I want to thank you,Selkie,for posting these photos! I had seen the one with all the houses bashed together,but hadn't seen the ones focusing on the Orchid. Not sure why,as I most definitely viewed your gallery in my 'travels' around here!! What a great idea for the staircase! Thanx!

Okay,Selkie,I went back-I remember now,I was so fascinated with your handmade toilet and sink that I guess I overlooked the Orchid stairway photos! :D

Edited by kat57