Scenic water and bayside dock

Becky8813

Hi all. I have a question. I am planning a bayside dock scene. It is to be a sizeable project at about 20" x 30" and up to 3" deep in some areas. My question is: what type/product do you all use to simulate water? And is it possible to put the "water" in in layers ( so that underwater landscaping can be applied) and not have the striations of obvious layers? Also, what do you use to craft underwater elevations-foam? Papier mache? Wood? Or paperclay? Thanks in advance, becky

Becky, Honestly,I can be of no help with the simulated water project,but I just peeked at your gallery and I have got to compliment you here on the chimney for your Beacon Hill bash that you put together with 'bits and bobs';wow,wow,wow!!! Amazing work! Kat

• Like 1

Becky, some years ago (when owned by the Fanceys) Dolls' House & Miniature Scene ran a multi-part series on using Scenic Water. Some of the dimensional effects can be achieved by painting your base before putting in your first layer of water.

Thank you for the kind words on my chimney pieces. That is still a work in progress and I have been remiss in getting pictures posted. Havanaholly, would you be able to point me in the right direction as far as finding that series, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance! Becky