Gettting back into my dollhouses.

Just One More

I haven't been on here in ages exept to browse. I have run out of room to build unless I can find some space. I did get the half scale Jefferson on the sale awhile back with the GL Town, hoping it would get me back to building but when you get out of the habit, it's hard to start again and the Jefferson is still not even started. I have another doll collection now too, My Twinns, I discovered about 18 months ago which didn't help.

When GL changed to this new version, I never got very good at it. My computer skills are very lacking. I have a gallery with lots of my houses from before the change but never learned to add on to it since. There may even be more to learn since I've been away.

The laser cut Jefferson is so different than I remember from the only other GL half scale I built. The laser cut wood seems thinner but I guess I'll remember as I go, how to do it. I've checked all the pieces and punched out the basics so hope it looks as nice as my full size Jeffersons which were my first houses. I've done two full size laser cuts before and the wood is so nice to work with.

I'll try and learn how to add pics when I get started. :bear:

It's been awhile for sure. My last houses built are the small RGT cottages. I made one red, one blue and one gold. They were on clearance at Hobby Lobby over a year ago and I got the three. I was surprised how much room they really had with no side windows. Being smaller it was easier to reach in the rooms for wallpapering etc. I think there are some pictures of them in my gallery. I've changed some things in a Willow I was working on but it's on hold now. I have lots of 1/12 scale furniture and enough half scale for the Jefferson so I don't know why I've been putting this off.

My big Victorian is still in my living room window. There are pics of it in my Picasa albums if not in the GL gallery. It's one of the ones I finished just before I went into my mini withdrawal. I've added little accessories and my kitties have finally decided to leave it alone. I have to learn how to put pictures in the gallery here because everyone likes pictures of everyones work. I get so many ideas looking at the gallery. I can still look, but that's it. I'm one of those that has to be shown in person how to do something, not just read instructons. Computer language is beyond me. I did medical transcription for 20 years but don't know how to cut, paste or any of that stuff with computers unless I actually see someone do it. I can't even figure out Facebook.

I don't know if my Picasa link will be on the bottom of this post or not. If it isn't, I can post it for anyone interested. There are mostly doll pics but a few of my last houses are there. :bear:

Glad to see you here again and welcome back! I've taken a hiatus before as well. Sometimes its just what we need to get back into the groove of things. I also have run out of space to build so I've slowed down too. I am working in the half scale models though because its easy to find a place for them. Will begin my next project soon but right now, I've been procrastinating and lazy...lol

• Like 1

Glad to see you here again and welcome back! I've taken a hiatus before as well. Sometimes its just what we need to get back into the groove of things. I also have run out of space to build so I've slowed down too. I am working in the half scale models though because its easy to find a place for them. Will begin my next project soon but right now, I've been procrastinating and lazy...lol

Ah, that explains it. I check your site frequently to see if you've started (I checked every day while you did the half scale Diana and loved it), so I don't want to miss out when you start your half scale Rosedale, but no hurry, no rush, no pressure....you can let me get a little bit more of a head start first and then leave me in your dust!!! :lol:

• Like 1