I actually started an album

Robin

There's not much in it yet. I think it'll be nice for me to keep track of my progress. Maybe down the road, It will be helpful to others. Hahaha - depending on how I do! Let's hope it's not an album of what NOT to do!

I love your album! It makes my excited because The Laurel is going to be my next house as soon as my mom and I get paid. :lol: Best wishes and keep the pictures coming! And I love the colors you chose.

Robin, you'll be glad you kept the album. Every once in a while I look back through mine and am reminded of this step or that ... some of it worked and some of it didn't, but the whole process is a cosmic learning experience!

I, too, like your colors. Golden yellow, cinnamon and white are what I've been thinking about for the Westville. They are so welcoming!

I've also been playing with the idea of having a small photo album of my houses too. Left page, description of Right page photo. I can also use it to create a story and background for the old couple I'm thinking of having live there.

I've also been playing with the idea of having a small photo album of my houses too. Left page, description of Right page photo. I can also use it to create a story and background for the old couple I'm thinking of having live there.

Oh, yes ... do it! When I was working on the dollhouse for charity (link in my signature), my cohort and I made up all kinds of stories about the family who lived in it. I'm a member of the local writers' guild. I asked the other members if they would take the bare bones of the storyline and embellish. What we ended up with was a treasure box of photographs, letters, journal entries, diaries, an old Bible inscribed with the birth and dates dates for ancestors ... all tied to a local history timeline that I cobbled together. It was a great experience for all concerned and added a lot to the value of the house at auction time. :D

The house contained about 4 dozen House of Miniatures pieces that the original owner had made. He kept the photo from the front of the box and the history blurb that comes with each piece. We put them in a little photo album ... photo on the right, blurb on the left ... and that went with the house, too.

I'll put some pictures in the Gallery ...

Go for it, girl! :lol:

Oh, yes ... do it! When I was working on the dollhouse for charity (link in my signature), my cohort and I made up all kinds of stories about the family who lived in it. I'm a member of the local writers' guild. I asked the other members if they would take the bare bones of the storyline and embellish. What we ended up with was a treasure box of photographs, letters, journal entries, diaries, an old Bible inscribed with the birth and dates dates for ancestors ... all tied to a local history timeline that I cobbled together. It was a great experience for all concerned and added a lot to the value of the house at auction time. :lol:

How fun that sounds!! I'm only in the beginning of creation. I'm thinking their names might be Sam & Rose Cooper. No particular reason, I just like they way it sounds. When they retired, they sold their house in the suburbs to buy a little home in the country to live out the rest of their lives. They have kids and grandkids but I haven't gone much further than that.

I love the colors you've chosen for your Laurel Robin. Very warm and inviting! You'll definitely be happy that you've kept an album as the house develops. <grinning> Our houses are our babies and they deserve their own photo albums and stories too. It's fun to look back on them as they grow and you'll find it delightful to revisit memories of how they grew. A story board of the inhabitants would be a lot of fun too and it adds so much personality to a house.

Deb

Yep, keeping an album can come in very handy for the next house also. Especially, when you get my age and CRS. (can't remember s____) I get to look back and see how I did something. LOL

Having an album of the building process is a good thing. I too like to go back and track my progress. I am waiting for my Laurel to be delivered any day. I will be checking back on your progress as I build mine.

It's pretty easy so far. I plan on taking my time with this one, being my first and all. I haven't done anything the past few days though. Haven't been feeling too well. I did go and pick up a wiring kit yesterday. I might start that later on today. I was dead set on moving the stairs but I decided for my first house, I'll stick to the original plans. I am going to upgrade the stairs and possibly put in a fireplace. I'll have to wait and see what it tells me as I move along!