Hyacinth's Periwinkle Tea Cottage

MiniMadWoman

For now, I'm off to bed with thoughts of trim running through my head!! :)

And that's the mini version of the Night Before Christmas. :mellow: Of course, when we say visions of Sugarplums are dancing thru our heads, it can be taken literally. However, if you're dreaming about tiny tudor cottages on legs wearing tap shoes doing the two-step, you might want to give up that pizza for a bedtime snack. What? Why are ya'll looking at me like that? Doesn't anyone else have that dream? No? Oh.

Um.

Hm.

<blushing>

Never mind.

Deb

I got the exterior of the tea cottage done today and have posted new pictures in my gallery. I also received Mr. Peacock from Anya today! Is that timing or what? He's perched majestically on the porch roof!

Now to turn my attention to the inside!

Teresa, it's just gorgeous! Hyacinth will be sooooooooooo pleased. Do I remember seeing you say that you had commissioned a Hyacinth doll somewhere? The tea house is just perfect for her. Even the dolls will be taking off their shoes at the door.

Deb

Thanks Deb! Yes, I've commissioned a 'Hyacinth' doll from the same lady who did Miss Pennethorne (my Christmas present last year) and who is doing MR. Pennethorne right now (he's my Christmas present from Brian this year). We're hoping to actually pick up 'Hyacinth' from Lisa sometime in 2008 when we go to England. She's booking that far ahead! :lol:

Even the dolls will be taking off their shoes at the door.

:D If they know what's good for them! :lol:

<squealing in delight> Miss Pennethorne is getting married!!! What fantastic news! I'm so happy for her! I'm sure Mr Pennethorne will be every bit as spectactular as Miss Pennethorne. (and isn't it handy that he has the same name so she doesn't have to change her monograms)

Deb

I have to say that the photos of your Periwinkle tea house are stunning!

absolutly wonderful!

I love everything about it!

you did a total FAB job on it and I cant wait to see what you do on the inside!

and the peacock is just perfect for an accent to this lil beauty!

your little village is starting to take shape!

nutti :lol:

Wow looks like I'm really late in reading this thread. Hyacinth's house looks Great! I love the rub on decals you used and the colors are perfect :D I can just picture her going out to water her garden. I love the Bucket's :lol: That is so awesome you comissioned a Hyacinth doll! YaaaaY :lol:

-David

Thanks so much Nutti and David! I appreciate your comments! :D

Miss Pennethorne is getting married!!! What fantastic news! I'm so happy for her! I'm sure Mr Pennethorne will be every bit as spectactular as Miss Pennethorne. (and isn't it handy that he has the same name so she doesn't have to change her monograms)
Yep, she's getting married! Mr. P. is a modern man for his time and he has agreed to change his name! :lol: I just like the name so much, I don't want to change it (especially for a man! :D ) ROTFLMHO!!!! He's actually being modelled after Colin Firth in 'Pride and Prejudice', so his name will be Mr. Colin F. Pennethorne! :lol: I LOVE Colin Firth . . . shhhhh . . . don't tell Brian (like he doesn't already know)! :lol:

That is so awesome you comissioned a Hyacinth doll!

I'm so excited, she's going to be something else! I'm one of those people who can't build a house unless I know who it's for. Then it just all falls into place! :D

Teresa, your cottage looks SOOoooooo Magical! I love it and your Peacock is absolutely stunning! I want it too!!! (One can never have too many peacocks). I want to do a fairytale castle that color. The colors you have are beautiful. I knew those flowers would be PERFECT for that house! I could see it as soon as I saw the house in person!

Wonderful Job Dear!

Thanks Peggi and Tracy!

Tracy, the flowers just add so much to the house! They couldn't be more perfect! ;) Thanks for being so thoughtful in giving them to me!! I used Folk Art "Periwinkle" paint. On the body I watered it down and used it full strength on the gable trim and porch. And you're right . . . the peacock is stunning (sorry, you can't have it though!) :rolleyes: