NB 180 Newberg. Everything happens right sometimes...

June

Wow. I was disappointed that so much was missing from the Cambridge that I wanted to start. I am thrilled that my husband and I went to look at an antique anvil he has been wanting, and alas a boxed dollhouse in the corner. I asked about it and the owner said take it. I was thrilled! She just wants to see it completed. I put the Cambridge in the closet and will pay attention if one comes up for parts. Meanwhile, I am going to start the Newberg and the little travel trailer. My history is I rescued a Arthur and got it back to display order, I did a Orchid from my first kit, in five weeks. I am hooked and love it. I love this website as well. I am 45 and my youngest moved out in July and I started this hobby to keep me busy and occupied. I work outside the home and kayak fish with my husband as well. I hope other Newberg owners will share their experiences and pics with me. Happy Building, June

Hi June, the Newberg is a cute house. I have not finished mine yet, even though I have been working on it on and off for months. (I work on lots of houses at once)

Sounds like you have been bitten by the dollhouse bug too!

June...I have also been waiting to start my Newberg. Please post pictures as you go along. I also have a Cambridge. It is complete. If you need any measurements or templates from anything, please drop me a message. If they don't have the PM feature fixed, you can find my email address in my profile. Best of luck!!

Hi June, how exciting to get the Newberg for free, its a really neat house. I made mine into a Haunted House, it was one of my first few projects too. The only advice I might give, is that when you get to the part of adding the fishscale trim to the front of the house ( in the kit its made of paper) you might be happier buying some half inch scale (or even one inch scale) wooden fishscale shingles. I wasnt happy with the paper look. Those could also be omitted if you wanted. Well, I hope you share lots of pictures of your progress! Have fun:-)

Wow Karin. I love your haunted house. Really great! I hope to get better in my skills with each project. Thank you Greg for your kind offers. I emailed you Greg.

Sam, I'll get progress photos as I go. I hope to be able to post photos soon. I cannot figure out how to put a profile photo up. I'm not tech savvy in any way.

Thank you,

June

June,

This isn't about your kit really, but maybe you will enjoy hearing this. The Newberg was built by Dura Craft which was located in Newberg, Oregon. All of their kits have fairly local real life names. The Newberg was special in that it is the name of their town. But for me it's also special because I had the privilege of living in Newberg for a few years. It is a really great town with wickedly awesome old architecture everywhere you go. A place well worth visiting.

Enjoy your very special kit :)

Morgan

• 2 years later...

So, i found my unopened Newberg kit at an thrift store! It will be my first 1 inch scale kit. I also found an unopened dura craft Outdoor Furniture kit at goodwill to go with it for $2 .

My fiance's family are going to stay with us for a while and i need a project to keep myself busy too.