Bashing Primrose????

Anna

:( Well I could have sworn there were a "how-to" on how to deal with heighten the attic floor on a Primrose somewhere around here but as I habe been out of the loop for a while I am definitley unable to locate it so if anyone has a clue please help :o

Hugs

I thought I had it posted here too. I have found some of them on my hardrive and will blog it in my personal blog tomorrow. I have to resize the pictures first and load them up. I wiwll try to have them up by noon!

I thought they were here then I checked webshots and my Mac.com page so I don't know where I put them but I thought I had them online too :blink:

I added 3 inches to my SIL primrose

we cut the walls off at the floor added 3 inches of foamcore and added the peaks back to it.

still using the roof peice but we cut a hole in ours for a skylight window

nutti :blink:

Foam Core comes in sheets in various thicknesses. I used size 20" x30" x 3/16" it is white and foam core/board is two sheets of paper on the outside and foam on the inside. You can get it at wallmart, Michaels, hobby lobby and some $stores. Even some grocery stores have it

Thanks - I know exactly what you're talking about - I just didn't know what it was called. I'm dragging the family to Michaels tomorrow so I'll get some. My son and daughter are both getting Primroses whenever our HBS House Party orders come in, and my son thinks it's too small. This will be perfect! I also think it will be exciting to him to alter the design - I may even talk to him about how we might make the space larger and see if he can come up with the "idea" on his own, then he'll be even more excited to do it.

Here is the link to see my quickly put together

Primrose Cottage Bash Blog

Sorry for the delay!!

THANK you so much for taking the time to hunt down those pictures. I remember seeing those earlier and it made me sure of what I want to do with mine as well so now I have noooo excuse for not getting that saw out and start the cutting :p

And I really really love what you did on its exterior as well!!!! :D

Hugs

SAW???? I used my hobby knife :lol: Scared I'd cut off a finger and at the time I did not have the right attachment for my dremel :p.

Can't wait to see yours too!

LOL; I must admit to being a somewaht of a powertool junkie :) ... I am one of those people who really prefers powertools over earrings etc as an anniversary gift

Sooo now I am going to get some of my things together and then start the actual re-modelling started...

Just need to figure out how to fit the stair into the building scheme as well, hmm and perhaps even an elevator.. Now that I need to think about for a while. Has anyone any ideas for how to created a mock up elevator by the way???? :D

Hugs

Also, because the rooms are a bit tight, you can add an outside staircase (Just a thought).

OH THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! I actually went to bed last night fretting about the whole "no stairs in the Primrose" situation. My 7 year old has OCD and it occurred to me last night that he was going to literally freak out about the fact that the Primrose has no stairs. He would actually lose sleep over it, and it would NOT be good. I'm going to pitch the "toy store" idea to him this morning and your idea about making stairs on the outside is just brilliant. Of course then he'll mention that people can steal the toys from the upstairs :) Well, we'll figure it out!

Of course then he'll mention that people can steal the toys from the upstairs :) Well, we'll figure it out!

You can get door handle hardware with a key for cheap and foil those burglars! :lol:

OH THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! I actually went to bed last night fretting about the whole "no stairs in the Primrose" situation. My 7 year old has OCD and it occurred to me last night that he was going to literally freak out about the fact that the Primrose has no stairs. He would actually lose sleep over it, and it would NOT be good. I'm going to pitch the "toy store" idea to him this morning and your idea about making stairs on the outside is just brilliant. Of course then he'll mention that people can steal the toys from the upstairs :D Well, we'll figure it out!

Ooooor you could always make up one of those burglar alarm systems one has to pass when leaving a shop, sort of like those silvery upside down "u" shape with some little detector thingy, oh and a "fake" flashing light attached to the top a swell. THat way one can rest easy as all the merchandise is having those little tags one needs to demagnatize or something liek that???? It sort of comes with the labeling....

Yup, I am good at telling white little lies....

Hugs

• 1 month later...

How totally fun!!

I'm new so I'm not doing too much bashing, but I couldn't help myself. The two houses (Laurel and Primrose) needed (for me) to be connected with throughways. I just spent two hours making one doorway...

Thanks for the great ideas!!!

AJ

How totally fun!!

I'm new so I'm not doing too much bashing, but I couldn't help myself. The two houses (Laurel and Primrose) needed (for me) to be connected with throughways. I just spent two hours making one doorway...

Thanks for the great ideas!!!

AJ

Sounds intruiging, pics anywhere by any chance???? Love those eye candy pics you know....

Hugs