Willowcrest measurement?

Skittiescat

I won a Willowcrest off ebay at the beginning of August (still not here yet :o ). I remember all through high school and then university longing for this house, but I was always way too broke to consider it. So it was a real dream come true to win it.

I think I want to make a British style basement for it, like the ones here to increase the space and add a garden without changing the house itself. Plus, it will keep my mind occupied while I wait not-so-patiently-anymore for it to arrive :( .

Could someone please provide me with the size of the base of the Willowcrest?

Hi Krista! I am currently building the Willowcrest and can tell you that the base of the house only is 19 3/8 inches by 14 inches. However, this does not include the 2 bays (one on either side) or the front porch. If you include these, the house is 23 inches wide by 17 1/2 inches deep. Since the porch and the bays jut out and don't go the length or the width of the house I thought I would give you both diminsions incase you are just doing the basement for the base of the house. Let me know if you need anything further. And please post pictures as I love seeing what other people are doing with their Willowcrest. Good luck and I hope it arrives soon! Cathy

Hi,

Thanks very much for the measurements Cathy, I really appreciate it! How are you finding the build so far? Is is hard? any tips would be very welcome!

Tracy, it has taken a long time to get here, and I'm getting worried! I contacted the woman who sold it to me but she said that basically I just have to wait! Hopefully it will come soon, the Willowcrest is so beautiful and unique looking! I have a funny feeling that because I am away this week (at Mini Camp woo hoo! :) ) that it will probably arrive when I'm gone :lol: , that's usually how these things seem to work!

-Krista

I just noticed you live in Canada, if she is from USA it does take a while for big dollhouses to ship. I have that problem even when I send it airmail :) I hope you get it Really soon!!!

The seller should be nicer though. Don't she/he know it is HARD to wait for a dollhouse you want really bad.

Hi Krista!

You are most welcome for the measurements. Hope it helps for what you are looking for. And I really hope you get your house very soon. Mine sat in the attic for 9 years before I had the time to build it. As to your question on whether this is a hard house to build or not, I am not sure I know how to answer that since this is my first house and I have nothing to compare it to. If I had it to do over, I would probably have chosen something a bit simpler. The entry and landing were the hardest since once the stairs went in, it is almost impossible to have access to it so I had to be sure I knew how I wanted it to look before I glued the stairs in. I am also electrifying it. A huge challenge since I have never done that either. Once I got brave enough to start the electrifying process, it turned out to be easier than I thought and only managed a few glitches. I am almost finished with the interior (and getting so excited about it!) and will start the exterior very soon. Unfortunately, we have put our home on the market so I have to always keep things neat. Not very easy when you are constructing one of these things. And in our part of the country, homes are on the market about 6 months or so, then there is the moving etc. So, just hope I can get this done before that or it could take awhile to finish it. The instructions are pretty good, just wish they had more pictures. But, like I said, this is my first house and alot of things didn't really make sense to me until I actually did it. I have followed the instructions to the letter and would advise that for any first timers. I think my next house will be much easier (yes, I am already planning it!) If you would like to see my progress, please go to my gallery. I do hope you post lots of pictures. I love seeing everyones photos. There are so many very talented people here. Good luck! Cathy

Cathy, it does sound like you have been bitten by the mini-buidling bug :D and that sure is a good thing to be bitten of :p sort of the best one in my opinion :D

Looking forward seeing your progress as well as hear the plans for the other houses you might start create later on. Good luck on the selling of your home as well!

Mini-hugs

Oh, all this Willowcrest talk is making me anxious to get mine out of the closet! I must, I must get the Canterbury/Buttercup finished first!! :D

Hope your house arrives soon Krista. It will be interesting to see it built with a basement (I just might have to 'steal' that idea!!) :D Yeah, then I can have the kitchen and laundry in the basement and have a glorious dining room! Ooooooo . . . .

Lol! I have a dining room set that I just love, which is what led me to think of the basement idea. Plus, I have seen some adorable laundry/sewing rooms and I really have to have one in the Willowcrest. Laundry in mini is just so much more appealing than in real size :D