Brads or Eyelets?

Adallae

I've searched any dollhouse sites, and I still can't see to find a straight answer on this one, so I'm hoping someone here can help. Can the brass eyelets be used on kit plywood instead of brads? I'd like to try them because they seem like they'd be easier to work with than the tiny brads, but I want to make sure that they aren't too big or will split the wood or anything like that. If anyone has an opinion on the topic, I'd appreciate it! :D

I used the eyelets on my first wiring job - they seemed to work. I had brads but misplaced them so I just used the eyelets. They didn't split the wood though I'm not really sure if using brads is better or not.

-David

I use eyelets 'cause I find them easier to handle -- tho there is a tool called a brad insertion tool that's supposed to eliminate the fumbling with the brads. But, either one will work.

I haven't used the eyelets, but they do sound like they'd be easier to handle.

I've used the brads, but definitely having the 'brad insertion tool' makes the job much easier! You can get it at HBS for about $8 and it's definitely worth the investment if you plan on doing a lot of electrifying!! :D

You go, Girl!!! Just do it!!! :blink: One thing I forgot to mention about the eyelets -- they come in small, medium and large. I use medium 'cause you can create or repair an outlet with them, but any size works. Do have fun -- can't wait to see it!

Youuuu can dooo ittt!

We want to hear all about it and if you have any trouble you know you can come to us. A couple tips: Check your connections after each step so you know they work and you dont have to do alot of backtracking. Also make sure after you check, you unplug the unit b4 you do the next step. I know it is a small voltage but I forgot once and was banging a brad in and saw sparks! :blink:

Youuuu can dooo ittt!

We want to hear all about it and if you have any trouble you know you can come to us. A couple tips: Check your connections after each step so you know they work and you dont have to do alot of backtracking. Also make sure after you check, you unplug the unit b4 you do the next step. I know it is a small voltage but I forgot once and was banging a brad in and saw sparks! :blink:

MEEE tooo! You get so excited that everything is working and are "jazzed" to go do the next one that you forget to unlpug. Just be careful. It's not enough to turn the wheel switch and turn it off, you sholuld unplug. Yes, it is low voltage, but it's still electricity! Better to be safe.

Have fun!