Willow or Glencroft?

Rowan555

I'm going to be buying another kit next week when I do my HBS House Party, and I'm torn b/t the Willow and the Glencroft. I really love the look of the Glencroft, but the detail of it scares me a lot! The Willow seems much more straightforward, and it also has more interior space. Has anyone done both kits? If so, I'd love your input on which I should get. My only experience prior to doing one of these will be the Haunted House and the Orchid, which I am about to begin working on.

What fun!!! Why not do both??? :lol: Personally love the look of the Glencroft, but that's just me. You'll be fine whichever you choose :D Get the one you really want -- if you run into a problem, we're around to help. Sometimes it's the 'simple' kit that drives me nuts and the 'complex' ones go without a hitch so don't let the detail worry you.

I personally LOVE the Glencroft and it was difficult but hey now the hard part has been done for you. So many of us did the blogs there to help you alon the way.

I like the Willow house too because it looks straight forward (Though you never know what a kit is like till you open the box and read the directions :lol: )

Like Charlene said.....Get Both!!

Ooo, tough call! The Glencroft has been one of my favorites and has been since I saw Tracy's Glencroft. If you haven't checked out the blogs or the Gallery that should give you a good idea of which house you like best once done. If you take your time and read the instructions and ask for help when you need it then the seemingly undoable is doable! (That's my philosophy lesson for the day! :lol: )

Good luck and keep us posted!! :D

Ohhhhh, tough call! They both look like wonderful houses with lots of potential! My vote would be for getting both if at all possible :D But if you have to select one, I'd go for the one that you have already started envisioning decorating!

I haven't put either one together yet, but if I had to select only one, my choice would be for the Willow - mainly because I want to build & decorate a colonial house :lol:

The Glencroft will always get my vote

although it has some tricky parts

there are more than enough photos to get you through it in the blogs

it was by far the most satisfiying build I have done.

cant say enough good things about that house!

nutti :lol: