Orchid Bathroom

dorn27

It seems silly, but I don't have my roof and dormers on yet... and don't know where exactly I'll be putting my wall in.

However, I will be putting it as close to the large dormer as possible, so there are no weird gaps. I'd like to buy a bathroom set I found online, and set the tub along the back wall/window. I saw someone with a photo like this not long ago... but I can't remember who and it's long gone from the new pictures on top of main page.

Basically, I need to know the width between outside wall and inside dividing wall if the dividing wall is placed as far as possible towards the big dormer hole. I could probably figure it out, but my work area is a nightmare right now (as is the rest of my house) and there is an ebay auction I'd like to bid on.

Thanks to anyone who can help me!

• 4 weeks later...

I don't have this one but thought I'd offer this until someone volunteers to give you real-life measurement advice; there's a blog with the standard room arrangement dimensions of some of the kits, including the Orchid:

http://moreminis.blogspot.com/2009/02/dollhouse-measurements.html#A12

which says this room is 4 inches wide; some pictures of this at a Flickr site I looked at the other day

http://www.flickr.com/photos/alar/2243228445/in/photostream/

seem to show that if the partition is at the bottom corner of the dormer on the bedroom side, it's also at the bathroom dormer's bottom corner on the opposite side, so that seems likely to be the standard position without any gaps. Modern standard tub length is about 5 feet; don't know your mini tub's length. If you need a wider bathroom, you might be able to move the partition a little ways towards the bedroom side and hide the gap behind the tub, or maybe cover it with wallpaper. Maybe someone with this house can volunteer if they've tried anything like this? Anyway, good luck with your project; I like the Orchid and I hope to build one some day, and I might want to place a bathtub the same way you do, so I hope there's a good solution!

In my Orchid, the bathroom is 4 1/2 inches from wall to partition, which is in between the 2 dormers, (but starts to cut off the corner of biggest dormer). I could only fit a shower stall, could not figure out how to fit a tub. The pix are in my gallery. Also, you have to keep in mind the back roof will cut off access to the room, too.