One More Question - What Type of Spackle for Stucco?

Rowan555

I bought some lightweight spackle and it seems...well....too lightweight :lol: I have a few pieces of scrap wood, but not much - I was thinking of experimenting with some textures while waiting for my Haunted House kit to arrive. Should I get a heavier weight spackle, or is the lightweight good for stucco?

:lol: :D Quite honestly never knew spackle could have a weight problem :p I just pick up the containers and make sure it's the pink stuff :p Guess next time I should really read the label?

But, let's get to the meat of the issue -- a haunted house? I love haunted houses (you can see mine on webshots, below). What are your plans for it? Do you have critters/ghosts/witches/bats/werewolves? What about colors (or lack of colors)? Furniture with the kit or a refurbish? Do share your plans -- haunts are my favorites. B)

For interior walls, I use Greenleaf stucco. I love the way it mixes with the paint and I like the texture of it too--it gives me a lot more control. For exteriors, I found a texturing mix at either Lowes or Home Depot. (can't remember which one) It's called Homax Paint 'n Tex. I got the fine texture which is really lightweight and it works great for exteriors. It was only $6 for 24oz of the dry mix. That'll do a *lot* of houses.

Deb

I bought some Americana Stuccos at Michael's for Mother Goose's Cottage and I loved working with it. It comes is five colors, however, I bought the Ecru and painted it yellow. It was just like 'icing a cake'! :lol:

. It was just like 'icing a cake'! :lol:

Doncha love it! It's like playing in mud for grown ups! (I never did outgrow mud pies) The samurai house was the first one I stuccoed and I was a little nervous about doing it........till I started on it. Then I was giggling to myself and had a good ole time!

Sometimes I think minis are almost too much fun to be legal. :D

Deb