Cecil Boyd

Hallowell

Greg, I am sure that there are some of Cecil Boyd's figures around for sale. I don't believe that the are still being manufactured. I worked at a table at the NAME national in 1982 that was next to hers. She was quite a bit older than I was at that time....I doubt if she is still around. Don't quote me though.

• 3 years later...

Hello, I just joined this community, I searched Cecil Boyd and this site appeared. I recently purchased all of the inventory of a Dollhouse store that closed in 1993. I have several pieces by Cecil, one Ilisted on eBay.

Where can I get information on Cecil Boyd?

Thank you,post-65805-0-34961200-1424780349_thumb.jpost-65805-0-50589000-1424780351_thumb.j

Leslie I hope you'll post an introduction at the Newcomers' Forum.  There really isn't much information available online for Cecil Boyd, other than that he's a former IGMA artisan; perhaps you can check with IGMA for information.

Holly, now you have me wondering. As I said earlier, I was at a table beside a couple at a show in 83. I could have sworn that the woman's name was Cecil and she was the creator of the figures. Her husband didn't say much and wasn't there a lot of the time. Now I am wondering if she was the creator or was it her silent husband? LOL. Which ever one it was, did wonderful figures. I tried looking on the net to see if Cecil Boyd was a man or woman. Nothing! Does anybody know for sure?

The "former" IGMA artisan piqued my curiosity, and the majority of the names that came up on Google were masculine-oriented, which led to my choice of pronoun.  I also encourage anyone with more info to post, please.

Holly, the only other Cecil I ever knew was a woman. G. She was a close friend of my mom's. Yes! Please post if you know for sure. A birth certificate or copy of her/his drivers license will suffice. Just kidding!

• Like 1