Orchid for sale

chellebelle

Here is the link to the album for the house I want to sell. http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/index.php?app=gallery&album=5295

I want to put it on craigslist, or possibly sell it on here, but I don't know how much to sell it for.

I would totally appreciate it if a few members would PM me as to what you think would be a fair price

I already have 2 unopened kits (Tiffani/Santa's cottage, and RGT Victoria's Farmhouse) and a built house (the Arthur) on my local craigslist. Thank you , Michelle

Linda, please feel free to use whatever you want! I'll help if you have any questions.

Holly, I really don't want to sell this one, but, I have a small chance to buy another dollhouse made by the craftsman who did my avatar one, my Tia Bella. It's a farmhouse, and I've seen it before and wanted to buy it then, but it was way too expensive. The price was lowered to almost within my range(in my dreams,lol), but I'm still quite a bit off as of today. As much as I love the Orchid, I can always build another just like it, or maybe even better, as I learned quite a bit during construction. I can't ever find another of the farmhouse, he only built ooak.

I'm really bummed as I've had no nibbles on the ones already on craigslist, so I hope they or the Orchid sell before I lose the chance to buy the farmhouse. I just am unsure of how to price the Orchid. I can't use the usual equation, cost of kit and materials + $x per hour for my work. It takes me so very much longer to make things, and so much has to be redone several times, so that wouldn't help.

You might try using a multiplier such as 2.5 or 3 times your out-of-pocket cost of kit + materials & supplies. That takes the hourly rate out of the equation. See what that figure works out to be, then bump it up or down to whatever feels comfortable/acceptable to you.

I posted it on craigslist today, and priced it a bit higher than I really want, only because everytime I've sold anything on there, I was asked to come down a lot on the price. So, I have quite a bit of wiggle room. If it excludes buyers, then I'll just keep it and try again later. So, wish me luck, and I hope it finds a loving home.

Good luck! That house is gorgeous someone will want it for sure. And the multiplier is a great way to go. I asked the lady who runs the only craft shop in town how to price a craft item for sale and she says she takes the cost of making it and multiplies it by 3. It works for her so hopefully it'll work elsewhere.