Puzzle houses

stefanib123

I can not get the search function to find anything! I am looking at some cute puzzle dollhouses on ebay and I was wondering about them. The description says "close" to 1/24 scale, how close I wonder?

Has anyone done these? Are they sturdy? They are really cheap, I think I'll try one just to try it, LOL!

Here's a link to my gallery with a few pictures of my Puzzle house. My Christmas Puzzle House I have put together the Veranda Puzzle house from Michaels. I did a LOT of bashing on this to make it appear like a true dollhouse. Otherwise it looks like a child's 3D puzzle if put together exatly as it's supposed to be. I was really pleased with the wood and it was super easy to bash. I am not finished, I still have to finish the shingles and then the furnishing and decorating. I thought it worked great with 1/2 scale items. The windows and doors were store bought 1/2scale. I didn't use the stairs, (1) they were very unrealistic and (2) they took up more room then I wanted to use. I'm playing with the idea of making and adding spiral stairs though. I guess it really depends on how much time you want to put into it. It was a great price to try my hand at kit bashing. Also, if I could do it over I would have made the porch extend further. I can't fit any furniture on it. :( That'll teach me to not measure....Oh well, it's supposed to be winter hopefully no one will wonder why the little people don't have any porch furniture...:doh:

Wow! That is NICE! You did a great job!

I love to bash, after adding on to the Tiffani! I like that they are easy to work with. I think I will get a couple, since they are cheap and maybe bash 2 together.

Thanks for sharing that with me!

Stephanie, try the "advanced" search feature on "puzzle house" and select "show as posts" option. It's possible to bash & finish these houses nicely. I have a Fantasy Villa (approximately 1:24) and three Chinese houses (approximately 1:48) to play with once all the 1:12 kits are built and gone to new homes.

Stephanie, which Puzzle Houses are you going to get? I have 2 Tennyson style ones I had considered bashing together. Post lots of pictures if you get them, I'love to see how others have built theirs.

HavanaHolly, that worked! I had forgot to click that little symbol thing beside the search box to get me to the main search page. Working pretty good now! LOL!

Kabrina, there's a lady on ebay that has several of them. I am looking at one called the Fantasy Villa , its very Gothic/Victorian looking. It's here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110648046623&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

If you buy 2 from that seller, she will combine the shipping and send 2 in one $10 priority box. She's only showing 2 right now, but email her, she has almost all of them. She also has 2 cute castles that I am thinking of getting and bashing them together and some other things, at $7 each I could do all kinds of things with them. I have 2 nephews that are wanting houses now, after my niece getting hers and I was going to do cabins for both, but now am thinking of doing one a castle. I just don't know if I can make them sturdy enough for little hands.

Theres another one , here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/wooden-puzzle-dollhouse-21-doll-wood-villa-6-rooms-kit-/260826131720?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cba72ed08

actually called "Gothic Villa" but I think thats the one that looks like the Tennyson, the Fantasy Villa is much more Gothic looking that this one. I like that style, too.

There's also and Eiffel Tower, for $3, ships, stables, etc. Here's some of those:

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=puzzle&_sacat=0&_ssn=bellflowerlane&_odkw=&_osacat=1202&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313

Are the Gothic Villas the ones you have? Are you planning on bashing them together?

The second Villa is the one I have 2 of. I've seen the first one on display a couple times at the mall 2 hours away, usually during Christmas time. Everytime I've been so tempted to buy one. Only problem was the mall was charging close to $100.00! I really wanted to bash the 2 together to make a much bigger house. I'm not sure exactly how I'll go about it. I like the Tennyson dollhouse from Greenleaf but again it's too small for me. If I can get a similar feel with these much cheaper kits even better. I found mine at Michaels for about the same as what she's selling hers for on Ebay but I had coupons each time for 40% off so it was a steal. I plan to do what I did for the other house and use the shell but replace all the windows and doors with real dollhouse components, will probably change the exterior trim, porch components and add shingles too. If I'm successful you'll never be able to tell it was only a puzzle. The most expensive part of the whole house will be the windows and doors LOL.

That's what I l'd like to do, bash 2 of them together. I think I'm going to get 2 of the Fantasy Villas and make them into a Gothic idea I've had for a long time. Possibly a witch's house!

When you get started, post pics and I will also.

I haven't posted in a long time! I love the puzzle houses! The wood is surprisingly nice and they are pretty close to half scale.

I wish I had more of them. I built the castles they had this season. I want to make a Haunted House out of one eventually.

Have fun!

Here's one I did for Christmaspost-4159-0-14339100-1312335435_thumb.jp

I wish I had another of this model. I think its so cute!

Roxxie, there is several on ebay, but I haven't seen that model anywhere. Great job! VERRRRRRRY cute!

Badlilkit10, ebay has them pretty reasonable. That one link I posted has the one seller that combines shipping if you buy 2.

Well! I just finished putting up pix of my puzzle house in the Gallery.I also did the house with the Veranda....found it very easy,nice to paint,didn't bash like Kabrina.But here's a picture of my "beach house"..:wave:

post-3636-0-78967200-1312381503_thumb.jp

Thanks! I wish I could come up with another one of that same model for my Haunted house. I got mine on sale at Michaels. I wished I had horded a few more of them! They are way over priced on ebay. I think they were only $10 originally and I got mine for half that.

I forgot to mention that I bashed the front of this one a bit. I added the porch arrangement using pieces of another model. :giggle: