Cool Discovery

Deb

You know that white textured ceiling paper at Walmart? (huge roll for $10 back in the wallpaper section) I use it for my ceilings and I've noticed quite a few other people here use it too. Well, I decided tonight to slap some paint on it and see if it would work. I was afraid that it would curl up or buckle, but to my extreme pleasure, it took the paint beautifully well and gives a lovely textured finish without the fuss, mess and bother of spackle or texturing. Yay! I just applied it to the walls like any other wallpaper, then when it was dry, painted it with acrylic. It came out looking reeeeeeeally nice.

Anyway, I had to share the info. We love anything cheap, easy and fast that looks good. :lol: I've got some fabric paints and dyes I'm going to experiment with next. If it takes paint that well, I bet I could have a good time with my textile tints.

Deb

Ah yes, the famous anaglypta paper :lol: I've used paint on it too -- it's a tough baby. Very nice stuff. $10 for a roll? Wow. Maybe I'll check out our Wally's World. Thanks!

So . . . . where's the picture? :lol: I wanna see!! :)

Since I decorate as I build, it's just a wall right now, but here it is.

I needed a pale yellow in this room and didn't want a pattern, but I don't like flat colors inside. Stucco would be too rough, but this texture is just right.

Deb

Looks like this wallpaper has possibitities. I once got something similiar as a wallpaper border but never actually put it up. Guess I'll have to remember what safe place I'm storing it in and see if I can use it on my house.

That is so pretty Deb. Hmm, I wonder if they have that at the Walmart near me. I guess I'll have to make a trip over there to check. :lol:

Hmmmm ... Wal-Mart for sure. And I just remembered our local Sherwin-Williams store has a big bin of discontinued or damaged wallpaper rolls. Think I'll check those out, too.

And that reminds me: I bought a roll of vinyl wallpaper at the local resale shop for a dollar the other day. I used it to cover a box to use for the "keepsakes" our writers' guild have assembled for the imaginery family who lives in the charity dollhouse. It could make a decent floor covering in a mini.

Just another idea -

Artists' pastel chalk sticks give a wonderful aged look to the textured paper. Just apply lightly, then buff with a cotton pad, or your fingers, until you get the look you want. It also blends perfectly on the paper.

Carol