Dwyer`s Doll House Warwick, RI

Dwyer`s Doll house.

My (non-mini) friend was just there today and told me that all of the miniature stuff is 50% off right now. Unfortunately my car is not reliable enough to get to Warwick..so I am putting this up to all my mini friends in the CT/RI/MA area.

But I'm afraid the 50% discount would be negated by a trip all the way across country! :p

I'm about an hour...I'm thinking of making the excursion...though I really don't have the money for anything...but I'm a

sale-a-holic!!! :kicking:

I ended up taking trip today...

The store is 20-60% off, but the miniatures are 20% off...the prices are close to reasonable, but not really worth an hour drive...

They pretty much have nothing in the way of 1/2 scale...they really specialize in dolls, etc.

I got some building supplies and some paint. I also picked up a resin wicker bench...and a couple of flickering fire place lights for my Fairfield, (in 1:12 size, but I'm using them in my 1/2 scale house... :kicking:

They have some built houses, mostly the Jr. collection from RGT...and then they have the RGT Lancaster...I don't really think it's worth the price, but that's me...(there is one with the Foxhall conservatory, built with electricity...but it's been on display for a while and is broken in a few places...and they want triple zero's for it...so it's out of my league...)

Thank you for taking the trip Amanda. You took one for the team!

It is 45 minutes (when traffic is good) from where I am to Providence..so it is a bit less to Warwick. But with the price of gas and other expenses approaching, I just could not do it.

Sure... :kicking:

There really wasn't that much to choose from...and 20% it wasn't that worth it...I'd call later in the month to find out if the discounts go deeper...just to clear out merchandise...

There was only 1 door, no windows, very little trim, some sheets of wallpaper, but not like 3 or more of a pattern...and only the Lancaster, Alison and Farmhouse Jr. kits for sale... :p

• 2 weeks later...

I lived in RI for a few years, and shopped at some of those stores that are in the same plaza as Dwyer's Doll House (Christmas Tree shop and others) and never actually stopped in. But this was before I was really into minis. Now I live much farther away, and even though I am visiting in NH right now, I am still 3 hours away. But if they didn't have a whole lot of stuff to choose from, I think I might just keep it local and stop at Earth and Tree. :wave: