Maxwell's Beacon Hill dollhouse

d-westbrook

It has been a long time since I last posted on this website and still have not had the time to build my Beacon Hill....In the meantime , I went out and bought another dollhouse kit...am I crazy?? Hope not..

Anyway, I have looked and looked at all the wonderful Beacon Hill's and am wondering just how Maxwell of the "Maxwell Beacon Hill dollhouse" made the yellow stripe awning over the secone floor porch. I would appreciate any help as I am so very new to all of this. I live near St. Paul and Minneapolis and so far have not found any shops that have dollhouse kits or furniture.

Thank you for any and all help!

d-westbrook

Oh, I remember that awning . . . the whole house was awesome . . . now where did I see that?

Well, I found the site and I'm thinking they just used a cotton fabric with the yellow and white stripes, cut it to the desired shape, perhaps glued it onto cardboard or used dowels around the edges and then attached it to the house. If you look at the garden furniture, it has the same fabric.

Just a guess, but I hope it helps somewhat! ;)

If you have access to Angie Scarr's book "Making Minature Food and Market Stalls" she gives step-by-step directions along with a pattern for an awning that is very similar to the one on that house (starts on page 111). She used it for covers on market stalls, but to my eye it's almost identical to what you're looking for.