back into little house's after 30 year's

rojam18801

WELCOME to the Greenleaf mini-family, Ron – so glad you joined us! We love to share news, pictures, and ideas on all things miniature! Several others have already mentioned there are a lot of talented men in this hobby! My husband is a truck driver also, wanting to get off the road but hasn't been able to yet. Soon, we hope. I understand a high load under a low bridge is not a very good idea :thumb: My husband hasn't done that yet, but he's had to detour (backing up for almost a mile) and he's had to let air out of the tires to take it down a smidgeon -- not fun! Glad you weren't hurt! Can't wait to see some of your pictures. Did you ever get a dollhouse for your little girl? One that you didn't sell? Hope so :p

checkmouse..what a cute name, really. and no never got little house for my daughter, they kept selling until our house and my shop burnt to the ground. had a doll house that was going to deliver in three weeks too. lost that one. my daughter is now 30 years old, guess she did'nt miss a doll house of her own. still working on the new shop. have all the tool's i need except a small disk sander and a jeweler's lathe....ron

Hi Ron,

I too, look forward to seeing your work! My house burned down about 7 years ago and it was shortly there after that I got my first dollhouse kit to build. I built it at my mom's dining room table, (she bought it for me), while I was living with her after the fire and it was quite therapeutic!

I hope you will be able to give some good 'tips & techniques' for scratch building a house!

Cheers!

Michele

Well, Ron, I wish now I'd thought to PM you before we hit the road, to get your phone #, because we wound up paddling the Rainbow River from the state park campground launch up to the head spring, then down to the Pennsylvania Ave bridge at the tubers' exit, in Dunnellon. Oh, well, we get down this way every couple of times a year or so...