What Can I Use?

Brezavaqt

The doorknobs for my bookshelf fell off. What can I use to replace them? Just to give you a little idea of where the bookshelf is going, it will be in a roombox setting for a man. So, the knobs need to be a little masculine and functional. B)

The room setting is located here: Omega Psi Phi Roombox

post-3899-1289437129_thumb.jpg

Ahh - a man cave.

Since the holes for the knobs are still there, why not stick in a pin (something with a large gold head would be good)through the hole and bend the pin back against the back of the door to hold it in place.

Or use a bead - something metal or wooden (or painted to look like metal or wood) would work. Glue them in place or use a pin to hold them.

You'll come up with something B)

Decorative head bead pins are great for this. they are usually about 2 inches long, with pretty pin heads on one end. Just cut the pin off to within about 1/8 inch of the head, put a little E6000 glue on the tip, and stick it in the hole. You can get these in the jewelry dept of any craft store. You can even use the colored head silk sewing pins and do them the same way. It's possible to cut a toothpick for the shaft and glue a bead on the end of it, also.

What about using either scrapbooking brads, comes in many sizes and shapes along with colours, the leg part can be snipped off prior to attaching them, or perhaps RL size nails with flat heads would work as well?

Hugs and looking forward to seeing your setting!!!!

What about using either scrapbooking brads, comes in many sizes and shapes along with colours, the leg part can be snipped off prior to attaching them.

Anna, that's exactly what I was going to recommend! I have a nice selection that I bought just for this purpose, and some of the interesting, muted colors would be beautiful as knobs - and some really would be rather masculine!

Anna, that's exactly what I was going to recommend! I have a nice selection that I bought just for this purpose, and some of the interesting, muted colors would be beautiful as knobs - and some really would be rather masculine!

LOL Rhonda!!! I find the brads and stuff like that soooo hard to resist as they do lend themselves to a lot of different things in minis....

Hugs