I Love the 70s Volume 2

heidiiiii

After the beach today, Nat turned this show on. Volume 1971.

I had a real BLAST.

Now she is on 1972.

There is nothing more invigorating than having your offspring laugh at the stuff you used to do, wear, watch, and listen too!

Remember the super comb?

Remember the super comb?

We weren't properly dressed unless it was sticking out of our back pocket!!! I still have mine somewhere. It was the only thing that worked for those feathered wing bangs. <cackle>

Let's see........hip huggers and body shirts...........layered looks with a turtleneck under a belted shirtwaist with a vest over it...........big tubes of Dr Pepper lip gloss hanging around our necks........platform shoes that make my feet hurt just thinking about them........tube tops and Ditto jeans.........Gunnysack muslin dresses......bell bottoms so big that no one saw my feet for three years.....soaking 501's in the bathtub and putting them on wet so they'd shrink to fit....and let's not forget quianna blouses. And hankerchief hems!! Shirts, skirts, sleeves, all with flowing pointed hems. I loved 'em!!

<giggling> It wasn't the best decade for fashion, but we had our own style.

Deb

In the '70s we let our kids' hair grow fashionably long because we couldn't afford four barbershop haircuts every week or two and they couldn't sit still long enough for me to cut it & have it look decent! It was a relief not to see the ridiculously short skirts of the '60s and I bought my last pair of $2 tennies before the '80s. I never wore the platform shoes and I still occasionally go for the layers in cold weather! Anyone remember the "lettuce" edging?

BTW, those patterned polyester neckties make wonderful dh upholstery fabric!

My brother teased me to no end because my hair... He called me Dorothy Hamill!

I would steal my sisters Frye boots.I wore handkerchief tops (triangle with the strings that tied in the back and around your neck), I remember 501s!!LOL.

I was younger though. I had Mork suspenders, a Fonz t-shirt, tough skins jeans from sears, refused to get Garanimals, gauchos, chinese shoes, jelly shoes (late 70s), bobos (the song about them costing 1.99)

Memorieeeessss.

It was a relief not to see the ridiculously short skirts of the '60s

We used to get lined up in the hallways at school and told to get down on our knees while a female teacher measured the distance from the floor to our hemlines to make sure the length was in dress code. The boys would be lined up on the other side of the hall while a teacher with another ruler measured the the length of their hair to their shirt collar.

I kinda yawned when mini skirts came back into style. I have one rule of fashion that I never break............if I'm old enough to remember the first time it was in style, I'm probably too old to wear it the second time around. Not that I couldn't fit into my mini skirts now. I could. I just wouldn't know what to do with the other leg.

Deb

Not that I couldn't fit into my mini skirts now. I could. I just wouldn't know what to do with the other leg.

ROFLMAO ^_^ :o :p

I know the feeling soooooooooooooo well :D:D:D

The mini skirts REALLY bothered me when the girls wearing them to shurch went up to receive Communion; when they knelt & also when they stood up they bared more than their souls... Talk about an incentive to wear clean underwear!!!