How many shingle strips for the Fairfield?

dotj

Both my Fairfields each came with a bag of shingles and I used less than a half-bagful to shingle both of them. If you can hold out until I get back home at the end of the month, PM me your address at that time.

I imagine it would be a lot...

The website says it takes two bags...my guess is that a full scale bag of shingles is 400 shingles, so maybe a 1/2 scale bag is 200 shingles...so if the FF takes 2 bags of 1/2 scale shingles maybe you need 400 shingles? But I'm sure you could get away with less...(though I haven't shingled a FF yet!!!)

This is a rough guess, but I'd start with two bags. The large pieces of roof are 10" wide at the top by 8" tall -- that's roughly 80 square inches for each large roof piece, times 2 is 160". Of course due to the diagonal edges, those pieces of roof are actually smaller than 8"x10" rectangles, plus there are chunks chopped out for the tower to fit into, but I'd guess that there are enough shingles on the rest of the roof to add up to around 160 square inches total, maybe a bit more.

According to the shop, coverage for each shingle strip bag is 112 square inches, so with two bags you should have more than enough.