Railing........

babypeanutz

Hi there,

Thanks for all the help so far.

All my exterior painting is finished, including the windows. The window 'panes' have been inserted and most of the exterior furnishings have been added. I just need to attatch my railings, and I am also waiting for a street name to arrive from Ebay. I will then post some piccies of my progress so far.

But these bloomin' railings!! :rolleyes: How does everyone else get them to stick. Eventually managed to get them just the right size, but so little contact is made with the actual house I do not expect them to stick properly. And If I do glue the little contact points there are, how do I get them to stand upright while drying?

Any advice VERY gratefully received.

these bloomin' railings!! :rolleyes: How does everyone else get them to stick. Eventually managed to get them just the right size, but so little contact is made with the actual house I do not expect them to stick properly. And If I do glue the little contact points there are, how do I get them to stand upright while drying?

At first I thought of the staircases in the house, but you mention exterior, so I'm guessing you're asking about the black "wrought iron"-looking pieces between the posts in front, yes? It looks like the one on the far left (facing the front) is in. If that is, indeed, the case, then you take bits of masking (painter's) tape to hold the edges of the railings to the posts until they're dry. I'd think just a touch of superglue would do the job for close to eternity...

Sorry - I should have been more clear :rolleyes:

I do mean the black wrought iron railings for the exterior. The ones that look attatched I actually took off. They were covered in old paint, and not stuck firmly either. It made painting the exterio easier and also I have now painted the knobs on top of the railings gold.

I wil try the masking tape to hold in place and hope the super glue across the bottom will be enough to hold it fixed.

Cheers.

I explained it a tad more clearly when I replied to you on DHM forum, I thought you were just attaching the railings at the sides, not at the bottom as well. Unless you shrink actual chldren to climb & swing on the railings, once the superglue is dry I don't think they'll go ANYWHERE.

LOL!!

Unless you shrink actual chldren to climb & swing on the railings, once the superglue is dry I don't think they'll go ANYWHERE.

I do have living and breathing mini people living here, and although they may not be able to do any swinging, they have already done their fair share of 'poking'!! :rolleyes:

It's out of reach now though, and they will have to learn!

When you said you have living breathing mini people.. I said. Whoa!

For a split second i had a vision of liliputians waiting for construction to be over!

I need another cup of coffee! :(