Willowcrest question

rbytsdy

Hi folks, does anyone know what the slot is for in the Bathroom/Bedroom Wall on the second floor of the Willowcrest?

If you're looking at the house from the rear, this wall forms the right side of the second-story stairwell.

You can see this slot in this view from Gina's (butterflyex) construction blog, and here it is in my dryfit, a vertical slot just to the left of the bedroom entrance:

Hi Holly, I can't see anything in people's finished bedrooms, and I haven't seen any full pics of finished 2nd-floor-foyers because the space in there is pretty much inaccessible to photograph... If there were a piece of a wall there on the foyer side, then one (a dollhouse person, that is) wouldn't be able to access the stairs.

At first I thought maybe it's something to do with the kit stair railing, which I am not using because I'm constructing my own, but that doesn't make much sense. Then I thought maybe it's a location slot for a fireplace, but the fireplace pieces don't seem to have vertical locator tabs.

Have you seen Junes Willowcrest? June's Willowcrest Dollhouse She says she hates she sold it and wants to make another for herself one day :p The pictures aren't big but I just thought I'd share the eye candy here to help inspire you a little.

:hug:

Have you seen Junes Willowcrest? June's Willowcrest Dollhouse She says she hates she sold it and wants to make another for herself one day :p The pictures aren't big but I just thought I'd share the eye candy here to help inspire you a little.

:hug:

Hi Tracy, I had seen this before but it's been a couple years ago; thanks for posting it-- it's exquisite!

Huh. You've got me. I just went back and looked at my construction blog at http://www.mywillowcrestblog.blogspot.com/

In the posts for October 2007, you can clearly see that slot shining through the wallpaper on the stair wall during construction, but I suppose I just ignored it and covered it up. I've just gone and looked at my house now and I don't know what it was for unless it was something to do with the fireplaces (which I didn't use).

Thanks for the reply, Sharon! I've covered it up on the stairwell side already; I have to admit that I haven't pored through the entire instructions (I like the element of surprise!) but it doesn't look like it'll be used for anything.