Making stone cut bricks for the Beacon Hill

madhatter

Hello,

It's been a while since I posted. Still working on my craft room, so much else has been going on that iv'e neglected my dollhouses and other crafts.

I was realy inspired by the dollhouse (willcrest) that was recently on ebay. I love the stone on it and was wondering if I would be able to do something similar on the beacon. Just wanted to get your thoughts.

I did not know if paperclay would work as i want a cut stone look.

I know that the lady that built this house stated that she used textured paper, and i was wondering if anyone has ever done that before.

Jenn

Well, Jenn, where the heck have you been all this time? Missed you & your spaghetti prince!

Tracy the Queen of Paperclay will tell you you can get wonderful stonework with paperclay, and I'm going to carve mine into spackle to finish the tower of my McKinley, and to make quoins on the corners of the kitchen bay, the rest will be sandpaper bricks. You could also use paper mache or crumpled and smoothed brown paper from flattened grocery sacks.

I did not know if paperclay would work as i want a cut stone look.

You can create any stone or brick finish you like with paper clay. I love the spackel people use too. It turns out really nice. I have never used textured paper and it did turn out really nice!

Hello,

Thanks for your suggestions, im realy excited about doing this. Iv'e wanted to use paperclay for some time.

As for where ive been, lets see we moved to Kingston, Ont from Toronto. Opened up a store here, just opened 2 saterdays ago. We are also expecting our second child. Benjamin will be 2 in Nov when the baby is dew, we found out it's another boy. Yeh i wont have to buy new clothes. LOL

Still deciding on where to put my craft room, I soooooo want to get started on my House. Ive been peeking in from time to time though.

Hope everyone is well, Oh i will post some pic's of our store soon.

Jenn

Well,

I finally got my craft room started, Yeh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I started on my Beacon Hill, and now all I can think of is the dollhouse. It's waking me up in the middle of the night. At 3:00am today I was in that room building, I did not realise that I put a piece in backwords intill this morning. LOL

Looks like the stairs i want to put in will work fine, now all I have to do is decide on what windows I want to use. I like the ones the kit came with but will not have enough. Cant wait to get home and start building, that is if my son who is now 20 months will let me have some time alone. He is old enough now that he is playing with my other dollhouse, so much fun to watch him.

Will post some pics soon of my progress, in the meantime here are some pics of the store. Things are going well, and my husband and I are both happy that we are finally open.

Jenn