Making Mini Clothing?

Brezavaqt

To all the members out there that dress miniature dolls: Celeste is visiting and she's learning how to ride a motorcycle. Before we can take her riding on the main roads, she needs to have proper motorcycle riding gear. Does anyone have any ideas as to where I can get a pattern to make a mini jacket for Celeste? I already have the material-just need the clothing guidance/pattern!

Please pm me and let me know if you have something I can use!

Thanks EVERYONE!

Bre

It should be very easy to adapt an open front oxford shirt with collar into a jacket. Just shorten it and make it in leather or jean material or whatever you like. Dress it up with silver paper buttons. PM me and I can give you one of my open front shirt patterns if you like.

Good luck to you and Celeste!

yeah...i saw that too...i think it was micheals but ti could have been walmart too. I would think any place that has a fair amout of scrapbooking things would have it

I found a leather jacket that was the right size in the scrapbooking department a while back...

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, but if she wants Celeste to wear it... make up a pattern, as suggested, in cotton (I find DH's old handkerchiefs work well). You might grub through your local thrift stores to see what patterns they have for men's dress shirts and use the layout sheet that shows the pattern pieces for a start; trace the pattern pieces onto a sheet of paper and then use Celeste to trace the pieces to fit her. Make up your pattern in the old cotton and when it fits, cut the pieces out of the leather (thin vinyl would also work). You can use shiny embroidery floss to blanket-stitch ziippers.