Marx Plastic Dollhouse Furniture

SallyG

I have pondered this for quite awhile. I have my old metal dollhouse from Marx from when I was a kid, minus the furniture. I remember the kitchen and bathroom sets were extremely realistic and I always thought they might work great in a half scale house, if, in fact, they were really 1/2 scale. I could see the bathroom sets having their faucets painted stainless steel, then sprayed with a glossy finish to look like porcelain. The kitchen sets also, painted and sprayed.

Has anyone ever tried this? Would it work for 1/2" scale? The reason I ask is because I grew up in an old house with similar fixtures in the bathroom and kitchen and would love to replicate it in a half inch house. I know they had 1/2" scale and 3/4" inch scale plastic furniture. Not having my hands on the furniture anymore, I don't know if they were true to scale.

Help!!!

I found this:

http://www.rubylane.com/shops/milkweedanti...item/DF1606-HDA

but this particular piece is too large for 1/24th.

But this one:

http://www.barbigirl.com/breezeway.htm

Says that this particular house came with 1/2 scale furniture.

I guess you'll just have to measure everything since it looks like the scale varies depending on the set.

Yes, it works; at least mine did. I suppose that there is more than one type; I don't know about that.

I still have a fireplace (now very beat up) from the set and wish that I still had more; I had some favorite pieces that I definitely could have found homes for.

It looks like plastic, but is very well made, has some nice detail, and the scale of the furniture I had was just right.

:D

try Renewal too

I have pondered this for quite awhile. I have my old metal dollhouse from Marx from when I was a kid, minus the furniture. I remember the kitchen and bathroom sets were extremely realistic and I always thought they might work great in a half scale house, if, in fact, they were really 1/2 scale. I could see the bathroom sets having their faucets painted stainless steel, then sprayed with a glossy finish to look like porcelain. The kitchen sets also, painted and sprayed.

Has anyone ever tried this? Would it work for 1/2" scale? The reason I ask is because I grew up in an old house with similar fixtures in the bathroom and kitchen and would love to replicate it in a half inch house. I know they had 1/2" scale and 3/4" inch scale plastic furniture. Not having my hands on the furniture anymore, I don't know if they were true to scale.

Help!!!