On-line shopping

sharon

Where is your favorite place to buy dollhouse miniatures? We have a small selection at AC Moore locally. It seems I buy most of my purchases from Hobby Builders Supply and of course e-bay. Does anyone have other suppliers that you like and the customer service is great? :lol:

HBS and ebay are the only places I buy my mini's. Any supplies like glue, wood and such I either get at Micheal's or Walmart. There is a dollhouse shop close by but their prices are higher then I really would like to pay. That's why I buy all my minis online.

Annette :)

My mother swears by Bella Miniatures and has gotten great customer service from them. My experience has been that they'll get some pieces earlier than their competition, but the price may be a little higher. A lot of online stores are essentially dropshippers from a distributor like Handley House, so the catalogs are all alike, and customer service consists of having something replaced if it arrives damaged.

I get a lot of supplies from Plastruct if I'm looking for plastic roofing or smaller-scale furniture.

Tracy gives good customer service -- she was one of the first places I ordered half-scale furniture from.

For lots of bits and pieces my favorite is www.minikitz.com Debbie is fantastic to work with. As far as dh pieces we have a lady in our club set up with a dealer that we get our stuff at cost + shipping. Pretty hard to beat that unless you buy a lot of stuff off of Ebay. And, then, I like the DIY bit so I just usually buy bits and pieces to make my stuff.

I have dealt online with HBS, DHE & Tracy. DHE gives free shipping over US$100 worth of orders (I guess it's still that, I haven't bought from them since it was free shipping over US$60 because I went crazy...) and all my orders were received within a week of ordering, even DHE (from England!).

Otherwise I hold out for the few brick & morter stores I've found on our travels. I can go to Ron's when we attend the Sebring Tandem Rally or visit DMIL (also Nancy's), DS#1 lives in Charleston, SC (Miniature Memories) and DS#2 lives in VA just outside DC (Miniatures in the Attic). Otherwise I try to make what I need.

I'm more of an accessory shopper than a bricks and mortar shopper.

I like:

- Mountain Miniatures (quality miniatures in 1/12 and 1/24 scale),

- SDK Miniatures (also carries kits in 1/12, 1/24, 1/4 and 1/144)

- SP Miniatures

- Raggedy D's Miniatures (dolls)

- Joy Parker Dolls (dolls for dollhouse dolls)

- Ethel Hicks (Angel Children)

- Sandy Calderon (1:12 dolls)

- China Doll (beautiful dolls, but special orders are now running 1 1/2 year wait)

- Barb Plevin (flowers)

- Minimum World (Heidi Ott 1:12)

-Susanne

Raggedy D's Miniatures (dolls)

I bought the dolls who live in the Coventry from Raggedy D's when it was a bricks & mortar store in Gainesville, FL, behind BAM. Now Tina is moving her store... I feel like taking a ride in Nutti's whaaambulance.

I buy from De Joux Miniatures at http://www.dejouxminiatures.com/ and my most favorite of all is www.DollhousesandMore.com. The owner, Janine is a fabulous seller and works hard to make her customers happy. I also buy from Fingertip Fantasies at http://www.dollhouseminiatures.com/ and DD's Gifts at http://www.ddsgifts.com/ as well as ebay.

Wendy