Happy Father`s Day

heidiiiii

arg-map-guy-fathers-day-207x165-url.gif

Have a great day to all the dads here!

We bought dh a new outfit (adidas sandals, camoflage (sp?) baggy shorts, and a encye t-shirt with barber shop scene on the front)

I have coffee brewing, bacon defrosting, and I am making dh this burger with blue cheese in the center!

I have a memory of my dad and father`s day.. I always made sure he had enough Old Spice cologne and a new round bar of shaving soap for his cup!

Quiet day at home recovering from yesterday's paddle. The water level was so low that the currents were tricky and LOTS of shoals (our first), plus navigating to pick up tons of trash & litter. It has become such a problem that the county passed a new, tough anti-litter law for waterways and posted deputies at each & every launch site to inspect everything people are taking on the water to ban or confiscate any single-use items. We STILL found freshly empty drink cans and damaged floats. Another navigational hazard turned out to be dozens & dozens of tubers & rafters. At one place where we had to duck to go under a blowndown tree DH had to slow down so much for a big knot of rafters he rolled his boat going under! The water level was so low that most of the tubers were using their tubes to hold gear and actually walking on the streambed, we'd call out warnings about all the broken cans & bottles on the bottom, but most of the people were wearing water shoes. We finally got tired of picking up trash after we spotted the truck tire.

Needless to say he wants to stay home today & recover, I'm going to feed him lamb and taters & a big veggie salad later.

Poor Hubby caught the viral infection we took miss Pixie to ER for on thursday night.

he was sooo miserable yesterday!

so not much planned for today but quiet time. I am making my famous meatloaf and pineapple upside down cake and we got him a new digital camcorder....he likes all those gizmos!

I am the only one awake at this time. sshhhh

nutti :)